Why Maple Grove? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Maybe someone with way more knowledge than me can explain why Maple Grove got the boot.

If Keystone State tracks like Williams Grove, BAPS, Port Royal, Lincoln, Grandview, Big Diamond, Lernerville ,PPMS, Bedford, Tri-City, Eriez, Evergreen, Mahoning, Penn Cann, Lake Erie, Clearfield ,Hummingbird and a bunch others can run, why not Maple Grove? Especially Port Royal has had booming crowds with Steve Inch at the helm, explain please.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer...this is not a repost! LOL.

Here in Pennsylvania, approval for events is on a county-by-county basis with the county board of health. You submit a plan for how many people you want and how you will enforce protocols and the county approves or comes back with a different plan. Maple Grove is in Berks County. I don't think any of the other tracks you listed are in Berks. Another thing to keep in mind is the cost of staging each event. With the restrictions in place and the reduced crowd size, it may not make economic sense to have a national event there. Finally, even when plans are approved, they can be canceled at the last minute it there is a spike in cases. NHRA and the track may not have wanted to take that chance.

Plus...there's always the weather.
Perhaps NHRA did a risk/benefit analysis and decided to stay with the -more likely- good weather tracks?

PS: I have no insider knowledge about this (or very many other) matter(s).

Here in Pennsylvania, approval for events is on a county-by-county basis with the county board of health. You submit a plan for how many people you want and how you will enforce protocols and the county approves or comes back with a different plan. Maple Grove is in Berks County. I don't think any of the other tracks you listed are in Berks. Another thing to keep in mind is the cost of staging each event. With the restrictions in place and the reduced crowd size, it may not make economic sense to have a national event there. Finally, even when plans are approved, they can be canceled at the last minute it there is a spike in cases. NHRA and the track may not have wanted to take that chance.

Plus...there's always the weather.
Perhaps NHRA did a risk/benefit analysis and decided to stay with the -more likely- good weather tracks?

I am sure they looked at every event and date and are doing what they think is financially best for NHRA.

So far all Races have been at NHRA owned or Leased tracks including Gainsville. Makes Sense. The rest are probably at tracks that the promoter is willing to take a chance because of state and county regulations that look favorable for them to be somewhat profitable. Also the scheduling is laid out to where from Gainsville to Madison has just a short 3 hour drive to go home (a lot of teams in Indy) and re-load before going there and then back before Dallas. After that it is fairly close to Houston and then on to Vegas. The event Sponsors most likely had input on where they will get the most for their Buck. Nobody is going to ge fat off of this deal, but at least they might be able to cover the overhead and keep the racers expenses down as low as possible.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back