Looking for info about Top Alcohol racing (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I'm looking to learn more about top alcohol racing. I've been to ITA but that looks like a page for people already in the know. I am looking for a tutorial on a TA/FC car, for instance, engine/clutch/transmission in particular. Any one got a link they could share?

I'm looking to learn more about top alcohol racing. I've been to ITA but that looks like a page for people already in the know. I am looking for a tutorial on a TA/FC car, for instance, engine/clutch/transmission in particular. Any one got a link they could share?

Web sites discussing in detail will be far and few between as most people keep their information close to the vest.

If you are serious about learning I would suggest attending a Lucas Oil divisional series event in your area and getting to know some of the folks who are racing. Go the day before the race starts while people are setting up their pit. Once in while you'll see someone doing a few last minute things to their car. Since they are under no pressure, striking up a conversation with them might be easier than on an event day.

Or, you could do like I did 20+ years ago. Order a new car, go racing, then try to learn. "Ready, Fire, Aim." The more you learn, the more you learn you don't know.

RG

Randy, I already have some basic info. The limit (if I am not mistaken) on engine size is 531 ci, but a lot of people run 526 ci. But that leaves open the question of typical bore and stroke sizes.

I know screw type superchargers are allowed in addition to the traditional roots type blower.

Looks like single mags are used on the alcohol cars. I also know that "fat heads" are used (and I finally found out what those were by asking BAE directly).

As for the drivetrain, I have no clue what type of clutch they use but assume it is not progressive lock up based on the fact it look like a Lenco three speed transmission (some of my knowledge dates back 20 years, so I am probably out of date).

Just hoping to get more hints into what is going. Information about fuelers is plentiful compared to alcohol. I am not looking for the inside skinny and tune up, anyway.

Thanks for responding...

...I've been to ITA...
Is it just me or is the new forum software over there really annoying to view?
All the posts are stacked on top of each other in a very narrow strip.
Like this:

Is it just me or is
the new forum
software over there
really annoying to
view? All the
posts are stacked
on top of each
other in a very
narrow strip.​

btw Tom, Harvey racing engines might be of interest. Harvey Racing Engines - Fuel Injection Forums

Spend the big money and buy a good tune-up.
The money that you spend on a good tune-up will pay you back the first weekend.

First thing get a wheel barrow full of hundred dollar bills. Then get a pick-up truck load of hundred dollar bills. Get the picture, most alcohol guys are self sponsored and it is expensive. Maybe you have ulimited cash which would be the best. Good luck.

Rick

Tom, definitely check out the divisional races, they are far more laid back then the nationals are. I chased D1 S/St with my buddy Pete in 06 (oh my it has been that long) and we had a ball, just about everyone is friendly and will talk to you. Hell, I had another friend interested in a toter that Lou Sgro was selling - so I went to find him and couldn't. Knowing he was friends with Manzo, I looked for someone in Frank's pit that I could ask where to find Lou. Well, Frank comes out and tells me to follow him, we walked around for a couple minutes until he found Lou for me.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but if you show some interest and ask fair questions, I'm sure they guys will talk to you. Arthur Gallant is a local guy that runs good too that you will find at divisionals. Dan Mercier's crew is pretty friendly as well.

Also, if you do get to travel, you have to try Cecil County!

You can get pretty close to the cars on the line...
IMG_7300.JPG

Kind of scary staring down the pipes of a Nitro car at the starting line.

First thing get a wheel barrow full of hundred dollar bills. Then get a pick-up truck load of hundred dollar bills. Get the picture, most alcohol guys are self sponsored and it is expensive. Maybe you have ulimited cash which would be the best. Good luck.

Rick

Oh I wish I had the money for racing but I do not.. :(

If you race Top Alcohol dragsters, you could end up with a million dollars by the end of the first year. Of course to do that you have to start out with two million.
I think we all have that thought in the back of our minds...If I won the lottery I would.....(insert insane idea here).

Oh I wish I had the money for racing but I do not.. :(

Tom, please send me your contact information in a Private Message and i'll put together a basic tutorial for you from some of our clients at CRX Media...some of whom have raced in the Alcohol Categories for years. Some are brand new and we can get their perspective as well...

Please send me your questions as well and we'll get you some basic info

Tom, please send me your contact information in a Private Message and i'll put together a basic tutorial for you from some of our clients at CRX Media...some of whom have raced in the Alcohol Categories for years. Some are brand new and we can get their perspective as well...

Please send me your questions as well and we'll get you some basic info

Tim, I am having a problem sending private messages right now. I send the message but it doesn't show up in my sent box, so I don't know what is going on....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back