Larry Morgan's New Mustang (1 Viewer)

Does the grille slope that way on the cars at my dealer too? :rolleyes:

BB/FC with hoodscoops.... :mad:

They're beginning to look like the funny cars, but with a big scoop and doors that open......:p

No kidding. The hood looks two feet longer than the stock one. It looks stretched and chopped...like it was done by a street rod shop.

I guess that's what you need to do to get a Ford in the show...:D

No kidding. The hood looks two feet longer than the stock one. It looks stretched and chopped...like it was done by a street rod shop.

I guess that's what you need to do to get a Ford in the show...:D

ya...cause the Dodge's and GM's are showroom stock :rolleyes:

...I'd hazard a guess the Mustang is closer to the OEM proportions than any of the FWD based Pro Stockers...OTOH I agree that the Pro Stock bodies should be A LOT more stock

ya...cause the Dodge's and GM's are showroom stock :rolleyes:

...I'd hazard a guess the Mustang is closer to the OEM proportions than any of the FWD based Pro Stockers...OTOH I agree that the Pro Stock bodies should be A LOT more stock

I suppose I deserved that...:D

You can't buy a GXP, Cobalt, Mustang or Avenger with a 500" engine. I'm all for Camaro, Mustang and Challenger bodies. At least those make more sense...

I suppose I deserved that...:D

You can't buy a GXP, Cobalt, Mustang or Avenger with a 500" engine. I'm all for Camaro, Mustang and Challenger bodies. At least those make more sense...

EXACTLY!!!

why are they all running mutant FWD (4 doors?!?!?!) based cars when all the manufacturers have an appropriate RWD V-8 platform to run in Pro Stock

EXACTLY!!!

why are they all running mutant FWD (4 doors?!?!?!) based cars when all the manufacturers have an appropriate RWD V-8 platform to run in Pro Stock

It would make sense for everyone involved. If NHRA would mandate those bodies the manufacturers would sell more of them. Isn't that what it's ultimately about? Selling cars? I'm obviously a Dodge man but I can say with total certainty that I have ZERO interest in buying a new Avenger. I do however have 100% interest in a new HEMI Challenger. I'll take the 480 horse, 6-speed SRT in Plum Crazy! ;)

EXACTLY!!!

Because that's what the manufacturers chose to promote.

Without getting into tedious detail, the whole key to a factory race program is the advertising budget. In the recent past, the Cobalt ad group decided to spend some of their ad money on racing and funded the program. Not Camaro, not Monte Carlo, not Malibu. I assume it works the same way at Mopar.

Look at it this way, a Camaro or Challenger pretty much sells itself. The other cars might need a bit of a nudge to get placed in our radar screen when it comes to buying a new car.

Yes, there's a question of which body will offer the most performance and each manufacturer's field rep will often lead the discussion towards one particular platform over another.

But since we landed in Neverland a few years back I'm not sure it really matters as the NHRA seems willing to allow almost any customization to make even a Avalanche competitive if that's what GM really wanted. Or Ford, Mopar, or anyone else willing to step up and spend.

Without getting into tedious detail, the whole key to a factory race program is the advertising budget. In the recent past, the Cobalt ad group decided to spend some of their ad money on racing and funded the program. Not Camaro, not Monte Carlo, not Malibu. I assume it works the same way at Mopar.

Look at it this way, a Camaro or Challenger pretty much sells itself. The other cars might need a bit of a nudge to get placed in our radar screen when it comes to buying a new car.

Yes, there's a question of which body will offer the most performance and each manufacturer's field rep will often lead the discussion towards one particular platform over another.

But since we landed in Neverland a few years back I'm not sure it really matters as the NHRA seems willing to allow almost any customization to make even a Avalanche competitive if that's what GM really wanted. Or Ford, Mopar, or anyone else willing to step up and spend.

You hit the nail on the head, Dan.

Not to mention that if NHRA mandated use of the RWD's like the Challenger, 'Stang and Camaro, we would end up going down the same road. Just as soon as one sled proved to be better than the other two, the chopping would begin and these cars that you all love now would eventually evolve into be jelly-beaned versions of themselves and look like the FWD conversion sh!t we have now.

The good ol' days are gone and never comin' back. :(

Sean D

or...the NHRA's just rules give more advantages to small cars made bigger, than to big cars made smaller...

I can't imagine anybody wanting a GXP or Avenger because they saw a Pro Stock version <shrug>...and maybe GM and Chrysler would be in teeny, tiny bit less trouble if their marketing wasn't run by people that think they could promote GXPs and 4-door Avengers using Pro Stock versions of the cars...

but let's not get in to tedious detail with stupid old fans, ;) they should just shut up and take whatever NHRA gives 'em :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back