Lang ready to take on the best of the best in Houston (1 Viewer)

HOUSTON (March 24) - Pro Mod driver and reigning IHRA champion Kenny Lang is on top of his game and ready to take on the best of the best this weekend in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park. Lang, backed by series presenting sponsor ProCare Rx, made a solid showing in the first event of the season at Gainesville, Fla., driving his '53 Corvette to the No. 9 qualifying position and a first-round finish, but the Canadian said he is far from satisfied.

"We didn't get a chance to do much testing over the off-season, so our last two events were more like testing for us," Lang said.

Despite the lack of testing, Lang ran an impressive 6.047/241.11 and was paired against nitrous-powered Mike Castellana in the first round of eliminations. Lang blistered Castellana on the tree with an .018 reaction time to .034, but lost by a car's length: 6.039/232.19 to 6.097/240.81.

"Al Billes [crew chief] had us tuned really well in Gainesville, and we lost a really close one to Castellana in that first round. That's racing. Now we're all geared up and ready to go in Houston, and I couldn't be more excited," he said.

"The competition out here is awesome - so we'll have to be on our game, that's for sure. I have to thank Roger Burgess and the whole R2B2 Racing team for all their support and I'm looking forward to hopefully more races as a part of the team," Lang said.

Qualifying is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 27, and 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Eliminations in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx are scheduled to begin Saturday evening at 4:30 p.m. and conclude Sunday, March 30.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back