Lang makes early exit at Gators (1 Viewer)

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (March 15) - Reigning IHRA Pro Mod champion Kenny Lang qualified number nine and exited first round in the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge presented by ProCare Rx at the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville, Fla.

Lang, who was backed by series presenting sponsor ProCare Rx and tuned by veteran Al Billes, ran an impressive 6.047/241.11 in his '53 Corvette to take the No. 9 spot, and was paired against nitrous-powered Mike Castellana in the first round of eliminations Saturday evening.

Lang blistered Castellana on the tree, posting a .018 reaction time to .034, but had to watch as the nitrous-powered car passed him to take the stripe by a car's length: 6.039/232.19 to 6.097/240.81.

"I have to say, I love the way they have treated me over here. Everyone has been so appreciative and friendly, and Roger Burgess and the whole R2B2 Racing team has gone out of their way to make us feel welcome.

"We had a great drag race out there, but Castellana just had the quicker car today and got away from me," he said.

"We didn't get the opportunity to do as much testing as we'd have liked, so I knew we needed to get a few laps in so we could get things ironed out, and I'm confident, now, that we'll be ready when we get to Houston for the next race. The competition out here is awesome - these cars are definitely the best of the best, and I'd like to be out here full-time, so we'll see what we can work out to run all of the NHRA races," Lang said.

Next on the Grande Pointe, Manitoba, Canada-resident's agenda after a brief trip home is the Get Screened America Pro Mod Challenge event March 27-29 at the O'Reilly NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway in Baytown, Texas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back