LaHaie is back !!! (1 Viewer)

This is the best news I've heard all season, Hopefully this will give team Kalitta that little extra push.:) :) ;) :D

Wonder how far Conrad had to dig into his deep pockets to lure him back? Not that it matters, it's good to see Dick back at it.

Oh My Goodness.....He he heee This is the honest truth.... I said to my brother, the week after Tobler was out.... I wouldn't be surprised if Connie calls up Dick LaHaie. I didn't want to start any rumors so I didn't post it. Dicko & Scott ruled the world at one time, and Jim & Jon were right there with 'em.

LOL this is so friggin funny.

Man oh man, when I think of the overall knowledge coming out of that shop..... no wonder they're my favorite team!:D :D :D

Great to see LaHaie back (especially with the Kalittas). I`ve got a feeling Dougies going to be right back in the mix.

Last edited:
Oh My Goodness.....He he heee This is the honest truth.... I said to my brother, the week after Tobler was out.... I wouldn't be surprised if Connie calls up Dick LaHaie. I didn't want to start any rumors so I didn't post it. Dicko & Scott ruled the world at one time, and Jim & Jon were right there with 'em.

LOL this is so friggin funny.

Man oh man, when I think of the overall knowledge coming out of that shop..... no wonder they're my favorite team!:D :D :D
Surprised you didn`t have the scoop on this before nhra.com, Wilt.

Lahaie is one of my all time fav's, just think, back in the mid 90's kalitta had both Lahaie and Tim Richards on his team. that just does not seam like it was fair to the others

awesome new!!!!!! dick and team kalitta toghther is sweet news! hopefully kalitta motorsports will kick major butt now!

Wonder how far Conrad had to dig into his deep pockets to lure him back? Not that it matters, it's good to see Dick back at it.

That was my first thought too when I read it. Dick said he was done-done after last season. I guess the lure of money and having to much free time sitting at home to think about it was enough to bring him back.

YEAH!!!!!!!
I AM SO FRIGGIN' HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!

party.gif

I guess the 67 got finished and Dick O got bored.
Consulting on a Top Fuel team like Conrad's would go a long way towards relieving boredom.
Glad to see him back!
How long till Eddie Hill gets a call?
He should be really getting bored by now.

Surprised you didn`t have the scoop on this before nhra.com, Wilt.

Sometimes people get flamed around here when they give out some "inside" news, before you read it on NHRA .

How about Johnny West's new job as of last Sunday night , I guess you should hear about that in a day or two . ;)

How about Johnny West's new job as of last Sunday night , I guess you should hear about that in a day or two . ;)

Kevin Poynter from the Medlin squad is going to JR..Johnny is going to Clay's team.

Agent already had that out.

You'll need to dig deeper, Jerry. I've always liked your inside look.

It is great to see Dick back! I expect to see the consistency of that program turn around in short order.

Dicko & Scott ruled the world at one time, and Jim & Jon were right there with 'em.

it's amazing to think about some of the talent that came off the crews for those championships...Dicko of course, the o bros, donnie bender, and nicky boninfanti all came off that tree

"Tuning Consultant"? Is Dick another member of the tuning committee, or is someone going to be allowed to take charge? It's pretty obvious that things are not working.
I've said this before - each team needs a dedicated crew chief with his own crew who is allowed to make ALL OF THE DECISIONS.
It would be great if Dick could step in and turn Kalitta Racing around, but I'm
gonna sit back and watch. JMHO

All this leads me to believe is that they missed Rahn more than they let on! ;)
I guess ruling by comittee wasn't good enough. :eek:
Whatever the reason I see only good things out of this move it takes a big person to admit they needed help I guess Connie knows what it takes which they seem to lack when Rahn left consistancy and that is one thing Lahaie is known for!
I think things are going to get interesting in T/F!

I watched Dicks last race on DVD and he said when he retires he won't return. :rolleyes:
I wonder what the Snake has to say about that since his dig at KB!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back