Vegas Blast Off - Friday Pics (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
Sorry I didn't get these uploaded last night, but I went out after the races and it turned out to be a late night. :)

I must say that yesterday was the most boring day I have ever had at a drag strip. I paid $20 to see 3 nitro cars do 100 ft shutoff passes, though Scott Kalitta did make it exciting by crossing over into the other lane and TJ did debut the Impala. I am getting ready to head out there now, I will post today's pics later. There is not 1 pro stocker on the property, guess we will have to wait 2 weeks to see them. Reinhart mentioned an interesting rumor over the PA, I could not tell if he was kidding or not, something to the effect of Dick LaHaie coming out retirement to tune a 4th Kalitta top fueler (I think he was kidding). Onto the pics:

Vegas '07 pictures from racing photos on webshots

Chris, you tease.... 3rd pic page 1; captioned as Ashley's body.... hey, I'm a guy, had to look:eek: :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Nice stuff

I only got 5 pics today and then the battery went dead in my digital camera ... D'OH. I put the 5 pics in the same album that is already linked in this thread. Today's highlight was definitely Ashley Force's first pass, a lot of people cheered when the car around the corner from the staging lanes, and then everyone cheered when Bob Frey announced it was her. It was only a 60ft shutoff pass, but there was definitely a palpable sense of excitement from the crowd (a pretty good crowd on hand today, and the only time all of them were in the stands was when Ashley ran). Make no mistake about it, she is already the biggest thing in drag racing, and when she wins a race it is going to be a very big deal.

Last edited:
I must say that yesterday was the most boring day I have ever had at a drag strip. I paid $20 to see 3 nitro cars do 100 ft shutoff passes, though Scott Kalitta did make it exciting by crossing over into the other lane and TJ did debut the Impala.

Well at least you got a good sunset pic there Chris!:p

Nice shots Chris! Thanks for posting them, Friday was kind of slow a lot of the Drivers were at a Matco tools deal in KY, I think. Today was much better and Sunday and Monday will be good too I hope.

This definitely gets everyone excited in more ways than one ( LOL ) to get the season started..Its going to be a great year for the sport of NHRA Drag racing !!!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back