kurt johnson "Class Act" (1 Viewer)

Art Lazzelle

Nitro Member
If anybody deserves a win its Kurt! In my eyes he would have given up that win for Roy Johnson to be better!
I bet AJ wasn't able to bring him a cold beer at the finish line like they have
done for the last years. I hope Roy is back on his feet soon and congrates to Kurt for his big win!:D

It was such a thrill to see KJ win after being a fan for so many years - ESPECIALLY because he's such a nice, classy guy. Sunday was another excellent example of it!

I totally agree. You could see Kurt's genuine concern for Roy's health. I'm very impressed with Kurt. I think he's a championship waiting to happen. As a Mopar man, I'm absolutely fine with that!

a great job by kurt ! def a class act im mentioning roy all day with the signs onhis car to the interview! get well soon roy!

KJ is easy to love. He's non-confrontational and he can do it all on the car. He's a gracious winner and he's very competitive to boot.

KJ is easy to love. He's non-confrontational and he can do it all on the car. He's a gracious winner and he's very competitive to boot.

and has ice water running through his veins. Yes,he's a classy guy and a great racer,great sense of humor,just like WJ,only many don't get to see it from WJ.:D

I totally agree. You could see Kurt's genuine concern for Roy's health. I'm very impressed with Kurt. I think he's a championship waiting to happen. As a Mopar man, I'm absolutely fine with that!
I'm just as a die hard Mopar fan as you John! Kurt puts it all in a good clean and tidy package. He to me is a true compassionate man which appreciates where he has come from. John I feel the same as you Kurt would be a great chammpion!:D

I've always been a fan of Kurt, he is great for our sport in so many ways, and he won this one hands down on his driving skills, great job!

Kurt is definetly one "class act". In '92 got a chance to meet him at John Balow's in Eau Claire, WI while he and Greg were picking up Dad's and Don Beverly's Cutlass'. Needless to say I have been a long time fan.

Hey, Rich, you must be shy and don't want people to read your words? That is about the worst color combination for legibility - except maybe black on black.

Besides having one of the Summit cars in the winners circle, the next best option is Kurt. I'm also a very big Mopar guy but don't mind at all to see him win an event.

Kurt is definetly one "class act". In '92 got a chance to meet him at John Balow's in Eau Claire, WI while he and Greg were picking up Dad's and Don Beverly's Cutlass'. Needless to say I have been a long time fan.

Rich,

As Larry Sullivan pointed out, nobody can read Blue text on Black background so maybe choose another text color, or are you using the old NitroMater white background setup?

Are you from Eau Claire, WI by the way? That's the heart of Leinie Lodge country! :cool:

Speaking of class act, does anybody know if Jim Yates has managed to find enough funding to race a full season?

I was a little annoyed to read the story today on NHRA.com about Australian Pro Stocker Shane Tucker. He is being brought aboard Cagnazzi racing, which issued a statement that included the following: "Shane has movie-star good looks and will bring a young, hip factor to whoever he represents. I honestly believe he will be a good addition to the team and the Pro Stock class and will be a good ambassador for the sport."

So this guy gets to race and a two-time champion with a competitive car winds up on the sidelines? Can we assume that if Jim Yates had movie-star good looks he wouldn't be in a sponsorship bind? Is this where the sport is heading?

So this guy gets to race and a two-time champion with a competitive car winds up on the sidelines? Can we assume that if Jim Yates had movie-star good looks he wouldn't be in a sponsorship bind? Is this where the sport is heading?

I am "with ya" but Cagnazzi still has to find funding or the kid won't really have a ride.

Unfortunately, YES, that is where the sport is heading....

Rich,

As Larry Sullivan pointed out, nobody can read Blue text on Black background so maybe choose another text color, or are you using the old NitroMater white background setup?

Are you from Eau Claire, WI by the way? That's the heart of Leinie Lodge country! :cool:

Sorry about the color combo Larry and Kurt. Yes Kurt, I grew up in Chippewa Falls the home of Leine's.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back