Krisher Crashes? (1 Viewer)

Pete

Nitro Member
Just heard from a friend at ORP, that Ron Kirisher crashed his Pro Stocker. Can anyone back that up?

Ron barrell rolled the car twice just past the finish line, he was unconcious for a bit, but has since regained conciousness and was airlifted from the track.

That was ugly. Although Krisher was airlifted to the hospital to be checked, I was relieved and glad to see that he was conscious and able to stand on his own two feet.

Has anyone heard an update, on his condition. I was hoping to hear them say more about him at the end of the broadcast. Did I miss it?

Has anyone heard an update, on his condition. I was hoping to hear them say more about him at the end of the broadcast. Did I miss it?

Nope you didn't miss it, they never gave us another update. I was waiting for it too. I expect he's doing okay (I hope), I'm sure he has a headache and will be sore.

I think we'd all appreciate more news on his condition (hopefully good) though.

Just talked to his son and he was released from the hospital. I'd rather not give any medical information out until they officially release it but he's ok.

Michael

once again the nhra safety safari must be the envy of the motorsports world. I know some of it is logistics with the size of the track. but damn if they aren't top of car before it even comes to a stop when there is a wreck. Awesome job guys.

RonKrisher Update 9:10 PM

Ron was released from Methodist Hospital about 7:30 PM. Karen drove him to the track to his car hauler, where a number of Pro Stock racers/crew members came by to check on him. He was still chatting when I left him at 8:30 PM. He's alert, able to move around (slowly), has a fractured left rib, burned left arm and back, left hip bruise.

I was at the race car when he was removed through the driver's door opening by a doctor, who told me later, "The HANS device saved his life".

Fred Simmonds
GM Racing

Glad to hear that Ron is going to be okay...that was a scary one. I don't like it when a driver doesn't get out of the car right away. Thank God that these cars are as safe as they are. Hopefully Ron isn't too sore in the AM!

Thank you again to the Safety Safari...they are the best!

My understanding was that General Motors made a BIG push for their drivers to be equiped with the HANS device. At least that's what I thought I heard.

It was a pretty bad crash, just all of a sudden but he's glad he didnt really hit anything. He basically just rolled it twice. Its those sudden head on collisions with the wall that does people in and luckily he didnt have one of those.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back