Pro Mod crashes (1 Viewer)

It would seem that as in so many of these crashes, the 4-link suspension unloaded when he got out of the groove. The rear of the car has to squat and hold. Once it unload and starts to free float, its hard to recover. The more horsepower, the tougher it is to harness. I also noticed there was no wickerbill on the rear spoiler which would help at the expense of drag.

Tim McAmis puts out some great videos with his expertise.

It would seem that as in so many of these crashes, the 4-link suspension unloaded when he got out of the groove. The rear of the car has to squat and hold. Once it unload and starts to free float, its hard to recover. The more horsepower, the tougher it is to harness. I also noticed there was no wickerbill on the rear spoiler which would help at the expense of drag.

You are absolutely right on with the 4-Link deal. Having driven mostly solid rear end cars it got my attention real quick in a certain "1957 Chevy" when the track turned to "Ice" at 660'. You & your Dad both told me what could happen and it did. You definately have to drive (or Not) a 4-Link with your "Butt" instead of the steering wheel, especially when the front wheels are dangling to about 1/2 track.

Tim McAmis puts out some great videos with his expertise.

This is one of my favorites from Tim. Caution, language.

Roger, yea it's a different beast and we only have 1200 HP. I forgot about you getting in the seat for us. There are ways to get back in the throttle after lifting, but stabbing the throttle is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Hense, some of these Pro Mod guys. Slowly rolling back into the throttle will work, but that takes a certain feel and practice. Nevertheless, if the race is lost, there's no reason to get back in the throttle.

Randy, his brutal honesty can be humorous. This is my favorite video of his because it speaks about how we are. Everyone wants to go be on the starting line with us; I tell them never to stand directly behind or in front of the car during the burnout and launch. And yea, I the guy in front of the car backing up the driver and bring him into the staging lights for no other reason other than as Tim points out, to look cool. 😆

I've been watching Tim's videos for a couple of yrs. now. Always liked the honesty and language he uses.

Roger, yea it's a different beast and we only have 1200 HP. I forgot about you getting in the seat for us. There are ways to get back in the throttle after lifting, but stabbing the throttle is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Hense, some of these Pro Mod guys. Slowly rolling back into the throttle will work, but that takes a certain feel and practice. Nevertheless, if the race is lost, there's no reason to get back in the throttle.

Randy, his brutal honesty can be humorous. This is my favorite video of his because it speaks about how we are. Everyone wants to go be on the starting line with us; I tell them never to stand directly behind or in front of the car during the burnout and launch. And yea, I the guy in front of the car backing up the driver and bring him into the staging lights for no other reason other than as Tim points out, to look cool. 😆

First time I've watched any of these videos. I'd like to party with that guy.....
And I'm one of those idiots who once launched in second gear - in the final, against an opponent who had earned his spot by sheer luck. And finally, two thumbs up for the monkey and the football.... 👍👍

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back