Just when you thought the Muldowney drama was over... (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

guarantee you people will read it.....way to go Bobby

I kinda dont get your meaning of "and you thought all the drama was over?
This is going to be a column I look forward to!! Great job so far Shirley!!

I kinda dont get your meaning of "and you thought all the drama was over?
This is going to be a column I look forward to!! Great job so far Shirley!!

You must not have seen the Shirley thread where a few people here are not fans of her were debating with Shirley through a couple of spokesmen. She mentions those people (last 2 paragraphs) in her article on Comp Plus.

I'm definitely in for reading her take on things. There's just so much historical significance to what her thoughts are and I sure hope that they are written down. We are losing so many of the "pioneers" of drag racing and all of their stories.

I see this as a positive thing. I have specific feelings about Shirley that I have personally witnessed and it was not autograph seeker situations that she was referring to in her article but that's my personal feelings and I will keep them that way.
On the other side of the coin I respect all her accomplishments. There is no doubt she had to put up with a ton of crap, but most trail blazers do, it comes with the territory.
I look forward to her future articles and her take on the current state of the NHRA and her opinions of the current crop of drivers should be interesting to say the least.

A very smart move on Bobby B's part--I am sure he was aware of the thread on the mater with 6 zillion replies. That will get his hits on the site up in the high notes.

What a great catch for CP.com! She'll call it like she sees it, I guarantee you that

Bravo! it will be great hearing Shirley's thoughts on what ever she chooses to write about.

Her point about slander on the internet is certainly food for thought. Don't post anything about someone you would not be able to say to their face is how I work that.

Good for CP on this!

-90% Jimmy

Most people like to have the last word.............I wonder if they will entertain "letters to the editor" ;)

I look forward to reading her column!
I like the fact the she says what she thinks.

i wonder if someone posts a thread about Big Daddy and there are people that love and people that hate him come on and post. If he gets to work for competition plus too !

She has EARNED the right to her opinion.

If you don't agree with her, that's OK.

I'm old and I have always admired her gumption.
Now there's a word you won't hear often.

Back when...racing was not what it is today. She beat the best to become one of the best at her profession.

Comparisons to the stars of today and their fan requirments just aren't right.

I enjoyed her first written contribution and look forward to the next.

She is part of motorsports history.

Last edited:
Great New Employee Bobby!...how 'bout weekly..?!

IMHO...Shirley is a Class Act.!

1)...As a kid with a photo pass...I took cockpit pics as they prepped to fire her car...a wink and thumbs up from Shirley....AFTER the round in her pit area ...she waved me thru the ropes to give me a press kit and English Leather gift pak, and starting talking like we'd met 100 times before!

2)...After rolling their rig and hurting their car in Canada, Shirley proceeded to the next stop on tour WITHOUT the car! When I ran into her and Donnie Couch strolling the pits, she stated that they had been advertising her for a month and was there simply to sign autographs and talk to the fans!

3)...Shirley has more balls than the autographing seeking bad-mouthers she writes about!...lmao! :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back