JR Todd (1 Viewer)

From memory (in no particular order) - please feel free to correct me if I got one (or more) wrong:

- Snake
- Bernstein
- Worsham
- McEwen
- Todd
- Scelzi
- Johnson, Jr.
- Capps
- Head
- Kalitta
- McCulloch
- Hawley
- Oswald
- Snow
- Bazemore
- Dunn

*Note: Troxel should be on this list, so I have someone listed erroneously. Snow? Oswald? I feel pretty confident about the others, it's those two I'm not 100% sure of.

My guess would be Bazemore. I know he made a final in Top Fuel, but I don't think he won. Oswald is correct for sure, as he and JR Todd are the only drivers to win the same event 2 years in a row in two different pro classes.

The 4 I forgot were Troxel, Dunn, Snow and Jim Head. All of those are pretty obvious, I feel like a dolt.

My guess would be Bazemore. I know he made a final in Top Fuel, but I don't think he won. Oswald is correct for sure, as he and JR Todd are the only drivers to win the same event 2 years in a row in two different pro classes.

The 4 I forgot were Troxel, Dunn, Snow and Jim Head. All of those are pretty obvious, I feel like a dolt.
Can't find anything that says Baze won in TF, so you may be right about him.

Dolt? Nah - nobody else put a list up & I struggled to come up with this one. I figured we'd never figure out if we didn't throw names out to see who sticks.

By the way, my favorite TV footage from the entire weekend was from Beckman's in-car camera after he lost power and was coasting... and the DHL car streaks by in the blink of an eye. Probably the most helpless Beckman's felt in a while and you know he had to hear JR coming. As much as I love Tim Wilkerson and desperately wanna see him on the winner's podium again, that was a fantastic win by the DHL team!!

Checked with Louis Bloom

Don Prudhomme, Gene Snow, Tom McEwen, Jim Head, Ed McCulloch, Mark Oswald, Mike Dunn, Scott Kalitta, Frank Hawley, Kenny Bernstein, Ron Capps, Tommy Johnson, Gary Scelzi, Mel Troxel, Del Worsham and JR Todd

I can't believe I missed McEwen and Hawley

Checked with Louis Bloom

Don Prudhomme, Gene Snow, Tom McEwen, Jim Head, Ed McCulloch, Mark Oswald, Mike Dunn, Scott Kalitta, Frank Hawley, Kenny Bernstein, Ron Capps, Tommy Johnson, Gary Scelzi, Mel Troxel, Del Worsham and JR Todd

I can't believe I missed McEwen and Hawley

I can't believe I had them and missed Melanie Troxel and Jim Head, 2 of my favorite drivers ever. I mean Jim Head has won the US Nationals in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, shoulda been a dead giveaway.

Was thinking about Don Prudhomme. Years ago, I would hear racers refer to him as "the white nigger". Used to really make me mad to hear that, cuz Prudhomme & Garlits are my heros. I don't care what his race is, what's is important to me is that he is a racer, and one of the best of all time. By the way, he may be Creole. Prudhomme is a French name & I wonder if he has family from there. My mom was a Cajun from Louisiana, spoke French. Last name was Guidry. I was born in L.A. so maybe you could call me a California (half) Cajun. I can talk in a really bad Cajun accent, so "Don Prudhomme, you my hero, yeah...." Prudhomme had a cousin, Mark Prudhomme, I think, from Bakersfield. Ran T/F for a short time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back