John force (4 Viewers)

superman

Nitro Member
Was this john force announcing he's done after this year? I know me personally hopes he gives us one full year of knowing he's going out and changes his bodies to his favorites over the years with the exception of the sponsor names of course. Also bring back his 1/4 mile burn outs for at least 1 pass each race and give him a true farewell

Was this john force announcing he's done after this year? I know me personally hopes he gives us one full year of knowing he's going out and changes his bodies to his favorites over the years with the exception of the sponsor names of course. Also bring back his 1/4 mile burn outs for at least 1 pass each race and give him a true farewell
I wouldn't have thought a thing about it other than his somber, somewhat emotional demeanor and the fact that he said "And I'm there". I don't believe his retirement is about to be announced but neither do I believe it's far off. You have to know your limitations and down deep, Force knows his. And Austin Prock would indeed be a fine young man to pass the baton to.

I saw that too. Not sure what to make of it. I think he is just waxing emotional because of his win. It’s been a long time for the old man, and personally I’m rooting for him to carry Home a championship this year before he goes out.

I expect John will finish the season, but probably pass the baton for 25. Then again, he could surprise us all.

My thoughts are that Prock will stay in the funny car. I don’t know what Robert Hight is going to do when he comes back. Or will they put Hight in the dragster? If not, who will they put? It’s going to be very interesting.

I expect Force will be out in 25. He may use the countdown as a farewell tour. This is just based on his tone today. And these are my thoughts as of now. They can change tomorrow.

I wouldn't have thought a thing about it other than his somber, somewhat emotional demeanor and the fact that he said "And I'm there". I don't believe his retirement is about to be announced but neither do I believe it's far off. You have to know your limitations and down deep, Force knows his. And Austin Prock would indeed be a fine young man to pass the baton to.
I know Force knows his limitations. They have to help him out of the car and out of the back of a truck. And he’s feeling his age no doubt. But the old man has still got some tricks up his sleeves and I just love watching him race. Plain and simple. He gives those younger guys fits and that is fantastic.

He still gives the best interviews in drag racing, although they have become increasingly incoherent over the last few years. But it is still a joy to watch him and listen to him. Personally, I can’t believe that he’s still even driving. The fact that he can still win events and play tricks on people is a testament that this is a sport for all ages.

I think I have known John Force longer than anyone on this board, John will retire his way. He is on a roll right now and he is loving it. As far as needing help to get out of the truck and race car, I have the same 12 inch steel plate in my left leg, You don't want to come down hard on it or it will be a issue for weeks. I hope this will continue to be a good year for John. YOU GO CHAMP !!!!!, (GOAT)
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Last edited:
I saw that too. Not sure what to make of it. I think he is just waxing emotional because of his win. It’s been a long time for the old man, and personally I’m rooting for him to carry Home a championship this year before he goes out.

I expect John will finish the season, but probably pass the baton for 25. Then again, he could surprise us all.

My thoughts are that Prock will stay in the funny car. I don’t know what Robert Hight is going to do when he comes back. Or will they put Hight in the dragster? If not, who will they put? It’s going to be very interesting.

I expect Force will be out in 25. He may use the countdown as a farewell tour. This is just based on his tone today. And these are my thoughts as of now. They can change tomorrow.
Not sure we'll see Hight back in a Force car. I may be wrong, JMO.

in 90's watched him win his first, then win so much it got old, not realizing
we were and still are watching one of the most prolific figures in motorsports history.

jim, you are right, i remember the win at the le grands, plus quite a few more before we even got to 1990.
approx. 7 years ago austin was catalyst that brought jim and john back together.

I had many fun times with John Force through the years. One we were both racing in Phoenix and on the plane setting together in the rear of the plane going home, John asked the stuartist if we both could have a beer, she said to John we haven't even left the gate yet. we had a six pack before we taxed. John can talk someone out of their last drink of water🤣. One other time when John and I both won the 1978 PDA at OCIR, John in funny car an me in the 32 car top fuel. John is the best.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter and racer (RET)🤠

Last edited:
we don't know what the future holds for Robert Hight but if he comes back you'd hope they can fund 3 FC for a year so Force can have his final tour. Brit is also a wild card as she is getting married so she may follow the other girls into "retirement" for a while. Best scenario would be 3 FC and 2 dragsters with Vandergrif in one and Brit in the other.

Well it’s good that they seem to have a continuation plan. That’s just a good business practice. An exit strategy for John; or - what will we do if….. plan.

I don't know if anyone noticed, perfect burnouts, smooth staging, left on time, drove it in the groove, shut the car down, made the turnout.

NHRA has about a half dozen vastly younger FC drivers that can't do all that consistently. I say stay in the car until you scare yourself.

Austin Prock was born for funny car racing. Tony Stewart might discover he has the same birthright.

Not to hijack the thread, but here's some vintage OCIR AA/FC. Raymond Beadle having wheelstand problems on both launches, and one of my fav's with John Lombardo. My pal Steve Plueger is in this video. Sure miss him.

Larry Sutton sighting at 48 seconds. 🤠

I don't know if anyone noticed, perfect burnouts, smooth staging, left on time, drove it in the groove, shut the car down, made the turnout.

NHRA has about a half dozen vastly younger FC drivers that can't do all that consistently. I say stay in the car until you scare yourself.

Austin Prock was born for funny car racing. Tony Stewart might discover he has the same birthright.
Tony has said he has no desire to drive a FC but you never know

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back