John Force Burnout 1995 (1 Viewer)

Unofficial 'current' burnout king is "Norm Wilding' who did a 1300 ft burnout during the 92 season, w/ Force in the other lane doing is usual deal.

Norm received a plaque from NHRA for the effort---

Was it Dean Skuza or KC Spurlock that was the burnout king ?

That would have indeed been .. me! And not only was it self proclaimed, but John and Coil threw in the towel and handed the reign to me. Granted Dean did a great burnout, but he used a throttle stop, which makes him the Prince of Burnouts! Sorry Dean .. I just had to say it!

And I cetainly agree with a post that Minick was the original King .. and no one has ever matched the Chi Town Hustler for incredible crowd pleasing burnouts.

That would have indeed been .. me! And not only was it self proclaimed, but John and Coil threw in the towel and handed the reign to me. Granted Dean did a great burnout, but he used a throttle stop, which makes him the Prince of Burnouts! Sorry Dean .. I just had to say it!

And I cetainly agree with a post that Minick was the original King .. and no one has ever matched the Chi Town Hustler for incredible crowd pleasing burnouts.

When are you getting back out on the track KC?

Hey KC...how is your relationship w/ Vandergriff these days?

I was there @ the fist-a-cuff that morning---

Hey KC...how is your relationship w/ Vandergriff these days?

I was there @ the fist-a-cuff that morning---
I would have loved to have been there to witness that! Hopefully KC gets the backing, he was always one of my favorites. I was there when he returned to win the Winters in `94.

Hey Chris....lets just say it was very entertaining and almost has scary fun as when Paul Smith beat up Bob Brandt (talking smack about Danielle) in between two trailers to which I helped stop or Paul would of been in jail for the damage-

I have always enjoyed Spurlock and would love to see him out there in a fuel coupe.

Best burnout I have seen personally is John Force, after locking up the championship at Pomona in '98 or '99 ... all the way to the 1000 Ft cones and coasted out past the finish line ... crowd went BONKERS, myself included.

My Dad said he once saw Jungle Jim do a burnout at a match race at Edgewater in Cincinnati that was so long he turned off the track and came back up the return road to stage the car!!!

I saw Jungle do that at Connecticut dragway...memory is foggy but I don't know if it was intentional or if he couldn't get it into reverse.

Unofficial 'current' burnout king is "Norm Wilding' who did a 1300 ft burnout during the 92 season, w/ Force in the other lane doing is usual deal.

Norm received a plaque from NHRA for the effort---

I was there. I video taped that burnout. It was at Indy. Chuck Etchalls' "Nobody Beats the Wiz" car was in the next pair. I continued taping and entered a copy in a contest sponsered by "the Wiz" and won 2nd prize (a VCR). I still watch the tape. Cruz and Ace won FC and TF in McDonalds 1st year. Al Hofman one the Bud Shootout. It was my first time at Indy!!!:

BTW, I got Norm to sign one of his "AA Racing" shirts: to Ray from Norm, "King of the Burnouts" after I showed him a replay of the video. He loved it!!!

D:D:D

I was there. I video taped that burnout. It was at Indy. Chuck Etchalls' "Nobody Beats the Wiz" car was in the next pair. I continued taping and entered a copy in a contest sponsered by "the Wiz" and won 2nd prize (a VCR). I still watch the tape. Cruz and Ace won FC and TF in McDonalds 1st year. Al Hofman one the Bud Shootout. It was my first time at Indy!!!:

BTW, I got Norm to sign one of his "AA Racing" shirts: to Ray from Norm, "King of the Burnouts" after I showed him a replay of the video. He loved it!!!

D:D:D

I got so excited thinking of the burnout

of course Al "won" the Shootout and I just looked at the shirt and it says: Good Luck, Ray from Norman Wilding, "Burnout King"...

Just wanted to get the story right:)

BTW...after Norm did that burnout to the stripe he backed up and ran a 5.17,
and squeezed into the field, and he was the only car @ the time that did not have a racepak, or any spare parts.

Force joked that he was upstaged that day by Norm and to boot, he sold every one of his t-shirts out of his tandem axle trailer....when racers still could do that.

Norm builds high end stuff in the U.K. today-

Norm Wilding always told me that he would out Burnout anyone next to him, even if he had to go past the 1320 to do it!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back