Jack Beckman (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
I’ve always been surprised he didn’t land some kind of job in drag racing after the charity money dried up. Guy is a natural fit for the sport in any capacity.

I’ve always been surprised he didn’t land some kind of job in drag racing after the charity money dried up. Guy is a natural fit for the sport in any capacity.

It wasn't charity money paying for the ride. Terry Chandler paid for Beckman and TJ Jr's ride while supporting the charities on both cars

It wasn't charity money paying for the ride. Terry Chandler paid for Beckman and TJ Jr's ride while supporting the charities on both cars
I know the charities didn’t pay for the cars. Poor choice of words I guess. Beside the point anyway.

Thanks Randy, you beat me to it, poor choice of words can get a lot of misunderstandings going in the wrong direction,

Exactly. Donations dry up if people giving believe their money is being used to play with race cars. Misleading posts on the internet can have consequences. Alan Reinhart would mention loud and clear at every race that not one cent of the money donated to the charities on Beckman or TJ Jr's cars were spent to fund the cars. They were charities Terry Chandler supported, and displaying them on her race cars was one way of bringing attention to both and supporting them.

Thanks Randy, you beat me to it, poor choice of words can get a lot of misunderstandings going in the
Exactly. Donations dry up if people giving believe their money is being used to play with race cars. Misleading posts on the internet can have consequences. Alan Reinhart would mention loud and clear at every race that not one cent of the money donated to the charities on Beckman or TJ Jr's cars were spent to fund the cars. They were charities Terry Chandler supported, and displaying them on her race cars was one way of bringing attention to both and supporting them.
Terry Chandler was the “charity” funding those two cars is what my post meant. There is nothing misleading about it, only how you took it. If someone was paying for my car out of the goodness of their heart, I’d consider it charity as well.

Well, that’s cool! They are going to be working hard and fast - non-stop from now until Sunday night in Pomona. Its go time!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back