Is NHRA on ESPN3 better than sex?! (1 Viewer)

Speedy_Sticks

Nitro Member
Just been watching unofficially the coverage of qualifying. From some events, more time to discuss things, no ad breaks, more relaxed atmosphere, funnier and more imformative, still trying to seek race coverage from ESPN3 on YouTube.

This will be the future for NHRA drag racing coverage I hope.

I wounder how much NHRA would charge for a yearly subscription for this dedicated service rather than relying on a tv network? A fee for everybody can view, including international viewers.

I hope the NHRA can pressure ESPN to provide the ESPN3 coverage to countries like the UK instead of us having to rely on YouTube or watching it via other unofficial ways?!

If anybody is planning on streaming the 2013 season, please could you PM me?

Cheers

James

PS Been single for four years!

Last edited:
I wounder how much NHRA would charge for a yearly subscription for this dedicated service rather than relying on a tv network?

BITE your tongue!! I love ESPN3 and don't want to see it changed and I already have to pay TOO much $$$ for the privilege of having cable. :mad:

You have to remember that ESPN3 is only offered BECAUSE of your current service. If I didn't have Comcast internet, I would not be eligible to watch it. It's basically an extension of what you already pay for. That is why it is not a "Free" service per se. They do not just allow you to subscribe to them and view it.

I thoroughly enjoy the Friday night ESPN3 coverage. You can tell everyone is having fun.

Dave is right, it is not free, it is an extension of the service you already pay for from your cable/satellite provider.

I don't think NHRA will ever go to an internet only model, that would greatly devalue the series to it's sponsors. TV is the engine that drives the bus, which is why NHRA pays to stay on the ESPN family of networks, instead of taking a deal further down the line on deep cable.

I was still thinking about sex.............drag racing was not in the picture at all......!

If I read correctly, Kman2100 was doing such a good job uploading the ESPN3 broadcasts to youtube that NHRA have endorsed his content as an 'official sub-channel' for their broadcasts. I was concerned that (if anything), NHRA would request Kman take down the videos for breach of copyright. I canned my cable subscription here in Oz in favour of Kman's YouTube channel and haven't looked back. It's great to be able to scroll back and check out the broadcast in more detail from races earlier in the year.

Dunn, Reif, Page and Kernan are awesome on the '3' coverage - it's more relaxed and much more enjoyable to listen to. But if they really wanted to make that coverage even better, some Pro Mod or Fuel Bikes wouldn't go astray! Sometimes you can get de-sensitized to watching the same 4 categories all year, and showing a different category (even briefly) really peaks my interest (Pro Mod makes for great TV).

You can watch NHRA in the UK legitimately on ESPN or ESPN America. I do it without issue, just £10 a month.

Nope, but it beats having a guy murdered across the street just as the superbowl ended & having cops turn your front yard into a crime seen...

d'kid

gee, the crib don't look to bad on TV

As a Canadian die hard fan, I have no ESPN2 or ESPN3 access, our TSN network has elimination programs usually on the Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon following any national event, no sportman coverage is available.

Annually, I email TSN (the Sports Network), appealing to them for same day broadcasts to no avail.

I did stumble upon KMAN2100's utube channel last year and thoroughly enjoy his videos, but as noted, his eliminations videos are after the fact.

I would welcome a PM from anyone who may have a source for the ESPN broadcasts that can be accessed from Canada.

Nope, but it beats having a guy murdered across the street just as the superbowl ended & having cops turn your front yard into a crime seen...

d'kid

gee, the crib don't look to bad on TV

Wow Karl. So how long did it take for the herd of squad cars to finally shut the lights off and clear out? Must have made for a long night for youl.

David, wanna say about 1:30am or so, just before Kat & k'dubs got home from work.... maybe a little later... understand the dude was shot in the can... I know TMI...

Not that it matters much, only sleeping a couple of hours a day...:eek::(

d'kid

David, wanna say about 1:30am or so, just before Kat & k'dubs got home from work.... maybe a little later... understand the dude was shot in the can... I know TMI...

Not that it matters much, only sleeping a couple of hours a day...:eek::(

d'kid

Any progress, kid? And are you in the path of the cold wet falling stuff tomorrow?

however when Dave Rieff was officially announced as the Voice of NHRA on ESPN, It was also announced that ESPN is gonna try to re-dabble back into Live Broadcasts of Finals and Saturday Final Qualifying starting with Houston. I Hope they go back to doing Live broadcasts ala the 90s, Keep the Friday night on ESPN3, Saturday Final Qualifying on ESPN2 Live, Broadcast the whole event on ESPN3, then simulcast the finals live on ESPN2.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back