NHRA Cans ESPN3's Live Coverage For Friday (1 Viewer)

A different voice and thought. I would not sit in front of a computer screen and watch all ESPN3 anytime. I tried to watch it a couple of times and became bored and quit. As a matter of fact I record all broadcasts and probably watch a total of 30 minutes on sunday and about the same for eliminations. But then I've never been a very good spectator.

Get a Roku, install the Watch ESPN app, enjoy on your TV :)

You guys missed my point. I found about 80% of the broadcast NOT very entertainng. Unless there is a alky or nitro car on the track I'm not interested. Most of my friends are much the same. If they elimnated the pro stock car or motorcycle class we'd never know or care. When we go to the races we watch nitro and alky classes and leave the stands and at home it's fast forward.

A different voice and thought. I would not sit in front of a computer screen and watch all ESPN3 anytime. I tried to watch it a couple of times and became bored and quit. As a matter of fact I record all broadcasts and probably watch a total of 30 minutes on sunday and about the same for eliminations. But then I've never been a very good spectator.

I get ESPN3 on the XBox360 and watch it on the 60"... Chillin on the couch with Pizza Hut on speed dial and cold ones in the fridge....

I'm ABSOLUTELY serious; It makes a statement "This is a sport / entertainment product that's not getting "bigger" but smaller".
The message (subtle as it might be) is as clear as people disguised as empty seats.
Next you know we'll see Compton picking up empty bottles for the 5 cent deposits.

FWIW: our local ESPN3 feed carries local high school football and all manner of Women's Basketball (I happen to be a fan of UCONN WCBB) including some real obscure and unranked teams..

You have to be kidding me. You believe the elimination of a live internet feed will chase away potential sponsors?

Brilliant decision there NHRA, in the information age regress backwards...........I swear this organization is run by minions.
despicable_me_minion_by_rofhiwa-d660nly.jpg

It's NOT my fault!! I love drag racing!

Live college sports (women's gymnastics and b-ball) will be ahead of both Winternats qualifying and eliminations telecasts. Be prepared to wait way past the scheduled broadcast times.

Came down from Spokane, WA for work. I got stuck in traffic and made it back to my hotel in time to hear the first pair go down the track. Decided I wouldn't make it to the track in time and tried to find the live coverage. First time non viewer....that sucked!

SO espn is spending money in other places to better the program and get rid of friday espn3,last nights show was bad,so where is this money going,salaries? Sure doesnt look like in the show?

Last nights broadcast was all over the place..........................................................No continuity at all.

every time I tuned into ESPN3 during an event, all I saw was down time with the camera recording tractors dragging the track or people milling around....I want the coverage back but, if it was recordable, I could eliminate a lot of the wasted time with a fast forward button....same day coverage instead of live is fine with me

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back