NHRA Cans ESPN3's Live Coverage For Friday (1 Viewer)

What a bunch of crap...I watched every one last year and re-watched a few this winter...by far the best tv for NHRA there was. It was like going to the track and sitting in the stands with a few "inside" freinds. Heck I had scheduled my Friday (this Friday) just to make sire I was available during qualifiing...I hope this money they are spending elsewhere pays off because they are giving up my favorite show of the race weekend.

This was my favorite part of the race weekend broadcast.
I can only hope they rethink this one.

Will miss the ESPN3 shows.....NHRA just doesn't seem to want to keep fans with some of these moves? The Fri night show was great entertainment with guests, and at least the Sunday show you could go get something to eat or drink with-out paying a fortune during the oil downs!!

I would have watched it but my internet supplier Sprint would not carry it, I would say that was part of the problem, lack of participation.

In that the article alludes to it being Glendora who made this call, I'd suspect it comes down to ESPN looking for more money. I do think the online model for Friday and Saturday is the way to go to appease the hardcore fan. However, I still believe that the television package, with a separate qualifying show, is too ambitious and is one of the biggest drawbacks of NHRA's trying to keep up with the NASCAR model. I think for the casual fan that it is so desired to try and draw in, when they find out that what they're watching aren't actual races, they probably just turn the channel. For so many who complain about all the repetitive features between both shows, they could incorporate more thorough qualifying highlights before the first round of each class. This could also help quell the negativity of the hardcore fanbase in regards to the qualifying shows schedule being screwed with all the time.
For those that remember waiting anxiously to watch the races on Wide World of Sports or during the Diamond P era, this would still be light years better than those days.

That is about the WORST news I've heard in a while. I was anticipating NHRA adding live Saturday coverage.

Criminy, I would think they have to have (at least limited) camera coverage anyway, why not just pipe the raw feed with tower commentary. I mean, I love Mike and all the gang (I doubt they're over-paid BTW) but half-a-loaf would be better than none.

Hey everybody, ESPN3 is now listing the live feed for 2:00 pm EST!!!! Yes, time to plan a party in spite of the ice and snow here on Long Island!!

This totally SUCKS! The only thing that really kept me watching was the Friday night E3 show. VERY disappointing!
Not to worry folks , heres a sample of the fine exciting entertainment available this Friday night on ESPN3 instead of 300 mph racing:

Liga MX- Monarcas de Morelia vs. Aguilas del America
Arena Soccer League- Missouri Comets vs. St. Louis Ambush
NCAA Men's Tennis- Florida vs. Florida State

Riveting stuff ......

I have watched ESPN3 religiously over the past years. I was able to catch all the action LIVE. Man, hope they don't can the sunday telecast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back