Is John ready to race? (1 Viewer)

i will bet anything and everything big john is in the car @ the winternats! he is the most driven , competitive person ive ever seen since jordan. john must be eager to prove to himself he can get back into that flopper and not only drive but win, and thats what he will do! go john!!!!!!!

Castrol is just as lucky to have John as JFR is to have Castrol. My take is they'll give him all the time he needs and they'll gladly accept his retirement when it comes knowing they still have him as a front man. If, for some reason, they ever parted company, I predict sponsors would line up to sign a major deal with such an organization having a front man the likes of our beloved Mr. Force.

I'm also smart enough to not doubt our beloved Mr. Reinhart about such matters, given his proximity to the principals.

I got the same story re John's progress from Robert Hight when he stopped by my shop this morning.
On the subject of cars, Robert has a new three rail car at the Brownsburg shop as we speak. I did not ask him how many of the new configuration cars the team has taken delivery of but I do know that Murf's shop has been working long hours.

Roo

Sometimes a man has earned the right to do as he chooses in his life. John has earned that right. If he says he can go, who are we to second-guess him (as long as his doctors say OK, of course)? If he says he is done who are we to second-guess that?

He has my support no matter what.

John WILL be back in the car in Pomona and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he is in it in Phoenix testing. If determination was the only factor he would have been back at the finals. But he is extremely motivated and is working in rehab EVERY day to be ready to go. I have been going to Yorba Linda regularly on other business, but I stop in to see him each time I’m in town and I can tell you first hand that he is stronger, and looking better every time I see him. The last time I was there was last Friday (the 4th) and I was impressed by the progress he had made since I saw him just before Christmas. The casts are gone and he is looking like his old self.

Anybody who doesn’t think that John will race in Pomona, I’m taking action, and if I need a financial backer I have a feeling that I know a 14 time Champ that will cover me.

Alan

Gotta say this Alan....I would actually shed a tear if I were there to witness this in Pomona. We all know his Resolve is solid, his desire is stronger than most of us can muster even on our best day. The dude is just that freakin amazing. However, is it right to rush back into the seat? I'm not a Doctor, or do I know John's Situation like you do, but I'd hate to see something happen because his body was not up to par. I'm sure for John a Pomona return is exactly what he's been targeting. I sure he knows what is best, i'm just hoping that ego does not get in the way.

Sounds like John will be ready for 2008. I am sure he has had lots of time to think about his race career and what goals he still wants to achieve on his schedule. Lets hope that all of the previous things that happened will just make JFR stronger and better.

I got the same story re John's progress from Robert Hight when he stopped by my shop this morning.
On the subject of cars, Robert has a new three rail car at the Brownsburg shop as we speak. I did not ask him how many of the new configuration cars the team has taken delivery of but I do know that Murf's shop has been working long hours.

Roo

Keith,

Can you provide any more info/pictures on the three rail car? my email is [email protected] if it is easier.

Cheers,

Paul

Keith,

Can you provide any more info/pictures on the three rail car? my email is [email protected] if it is easier.

Cheers,

Paul

We just got back from the Brownsburg shop where Robert let us check out the new car. There is still a lot of work to be done before the cars hit the track as the body tin needs to be totally re-configured to suit the new frame layout. That was happening on a fixture next to the new frame but I could see a lot of hours in store there.
A second frame left Murf's for the California shop yesterday.

Roo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back