John Medlen (1 Viewer)

iceman

Nitro Member
Here is the official word on John Medlen. He has Resigned!

UPDATED - CometitionPlus.com has confirmed John Medlen, the veteran tuner who was reassigned to the shop duties after a unsuccessful 2011 start with DSR on the NAPA Auto Parts Funny Car, resigned his position effective yesterday. Reportedly, according to at least one source, Medlen didn't want to work back in the team's Brownsburg, Ind.-based shop and apparently quit.

Lee Beard, who has served as DSR’s team manager the last three years and this season is also the crew chief for Johnny Gray’s DSR Funny Car, was surprised by Medlen’s resignation.

“I am very surprised as to what has transpired,” said Lee Beard. “I never question any of Don’s decisions because I know he is always trying to strengthen all of our team’s performance as that is the foundation of his relationship with his corporate partners. I have never worked around a man as brilliant as John Medlen. He is a virtual encyclopedia when it comes to machining and manufacturing. He is one of the most likeable men to have ever competed in the sport. His dedication to the sport is to be admired by all. After all we are talking about a man who lost his son to this very dangerous sport. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to work with him.”

Last edited:
I met him for a brief moment in time years ago in Arkansas.

He has come a L-O-N-G way since being with Rudy Topeke.

Was "almost" first in the 4's there. If I remember correctly they ran some 5.0's in Texas.

Now heres an intresting thought.

COIL - MEDLEN RACING INC.

With a driver to be named later.

:)

Now heres an intresting thought.

COIL - MEDLEN RACING INC.

With a driver to be named later.

:)

They don't have the money to field a competitive ride. They would have the talent but there is much more than just talent!

Wishful thinking at best. Melanie's team could use a good tuner! Aaron would benefit from the additional help that's for sure!

They don't have the money to field a competitive ride. They would have the talent but there is much more than just talent!

Wishful thinking at best. Melanie's team could use a good tuner! Aaron would benefit from the additional help that's for sure!

Medlin over to Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Medlen would go over to Melanie's team, This may be what is said.

Johnny said well you're pretty good old son
Just sit right in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done

Charlie Daniels:

Sorry it just sounded natural. :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back