Is Evan Knoll in BIG TROUBLE? (1 Viewer)

Well I hate posting on controversial topics, but this one seems to not let up. I think this website and all websites should be nothing but positive.

While I agree in principle with what you are saying Bobby, I see both sides.

First of all, I appreciate everything Evan has done for the sport, a lot of people got a lot of oppurtunity that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise due to Evan. There are not many sponsors around with Evan's enthusiasm for the sport, that is for sure. If Evan/Torco never come back, they still get a tip of the cap from me.

But the other side of that coin is that a lot of people on this board were probably right about this situation from the beginning, so now we are going to have to listen to the "I told you so!" posts for a while. And no matter what your feeling on the subject, you have to admit that Evan opened up his chin by posting here and sending nasty-grams through this website and others to "nay sayers". If Evan had taken the high road and said nothing, or just gave the standard corporate "no comment" on the situation from the beginning, you would not see nearly the gloating over another man's misfortunes that you see now. It is unfortunate all the way around.

My sincere hope is that no matter what happens with Torco is that Evan regains his health. Money is just dirty green paper and it ain't worth nothin' without your health.

hey bobby L, next time pizza is on u bro, c u at martin /chicago maybe? dont spill the water on yourself either . stay safe

Bobby Lagana's post is most appropriate in suggestion.

How's about this:
Only those who have been directly affected by Evan's financial woes may post comments about their situation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many folks believe they are going to die from second hand sponsorship evaporation.

I read a very good book with a line in it "but where were the nine?" That sums it up perfectly for me.

I'll Start.

I got paid for all four quarters in 2007 and for previous years, too. I got the call from Latrell about cancellation of our contract for 2008 like everyone else did.

Last night I was telling John Lombardo, Jr how Evan allowed me to race with Larry Miner, etc., by generously funding me when my business wasn't in a position to do it.

Evan has a heart as big as gold. I can't comment on what is happening now because I just don't know. But what I do know is Evan has been a great friend and supporter. All I see here, besides a handfull of supporters, is just speculation.

I wish Evan well. If he could, he'd write a check for the whole dang sport he loves it that much. Heck, I would, too.

Randy Goodwin

My sincere hope is that no matter what happens with Torco is that Evan regains his health. Money is just dirty green paper and it ain't worth nothin' without your health.

Chris is spot on...here is my tidbit from the jet-repo thread....

"Let's face it, without his health, he has nothing."

Thanks Randy Goodwin and Bobby Lagana for the voices of reason. Sure it's human nature to gossip and speculate, you two have had direct dealings with the man, so I'm sure that you are very gracious for what he has done for all of the Drag Racing community.

Bobby, I loved this setup!
In%20the%20modern%20world%20of%20ultra%20modern%20rigs%20and%20corporate%20displays,%20the%20Lagana%20fuel%20team%20does%20it%20even%20older%20than%20the%20old%20way!%20Photographer%20unknown.jpg

I don't have much time to visit this thread. I have to go watch Entertainment Tonight to get the latest on Brittney and Lindsey, not to mention the Hulkster!!!!:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back