Is Evan Knoll in BIG TROUBLE? (1 Viewer)

...if there were some kind of agreement that gives the sponsor an interest in the car

There were three types of Torco "deals",
1. Quarterly checks, (maybe not paid in full)
2. Parts purchased by Torco, (maybe not fully paid for)
3. Everything, including rigs owned by Torco. (sitting in TN.)

I just checked my myspace page and I have to say that some of the posts he sends me are a little "different"!

If anyone was following the Supercross season this year, Kevin Windham referred to his bike as the Torco Race Fuels Honda most of the season. In the last two races of the Supercross season, Windham never mentioned Torco race fuels at all in all of his interviews during the last two races...I kinda wondered all season how Windham's Honda team managed to escape the Knoll funding pullouts...guess I know now...they didn't...

Now that team is sponsored by geico insurance. The Torco deal was short lived.

Just for fun I did a friends with Evan on MySpace then a few days later I got kicked off the bus. I never emailed anything to him so I don't know why I was removed but I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
Well I hate posting on controversial topics, but this one seems to not let up. I think this website and all websites should be nothing but positive. Why don't people talk about good things, and if this is a racing website why not talk about good things in racing. Like your last career best or when your wife saw you race for the first time, or first time your children went to the track. I mean why do we want to subject ourselves with nothing but negative speculation.
I swear it seems that most people are not suffice with good things and others success, it is almost like others problems and tough times in life make them happy. Well this is a very crowded world and we all have similar interests, well why not just make it a point to make compliments and try and bring up a positive news story to help others.
Please all lets try and make this crazy racing world we live in still crazy but only because vehicles that weigh 2,400# are accelerating quicker than anything else on this planet.
Bobby Lagana Jr, and family and TEAM. - Proud owner of the only Top Fuel Car to run quicker than 5.00 seconds on the back of a Ford Ramp truck with 1 million miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby Lagana Jr, and family and TEAM. - Proud owner of the only Top Fuel Car to run quicker than 5.00 seconds on the back of a Ford Ramp truck with 1 million miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we are very proud to have built that car for ya Bobby. Nice to see ya here and a great post! Imagine...Nitromater all positive? "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" ;) bOb

Even if any of the speculation is true, what purpose does it serve to beat down another man on a public forum? Good businessman, Bad Businessman, Good with grammar, bad with grammar, Who gives a sh!t? When and/or IF this situation clears itself, maybe take the time to thank Evan for his contributions to this sport. I think that there are bigger problems going on in his world and ours than some drag racing sponsorship money. I realize people earn a living off of drag racing, but drag racing was around before Evan Knoll and will be around long after Evan Knoll (hopefully that is a LONG time away).

Thank you Mr. Knoll for your contributions to this point. Please get well soon.

Jeremy MacKenzie

Any post that seems critical of Evan is mild compared to his eruptions on this board as well as individual notes he's sent out. Defending him is far more controversial than commenting on his actions and ridiculous statements.

According to information I've had, it is not Evan that is in trouble, except financially. It's the person who ran the company for him, and the corporate lawyer. And, in an attempt to help out all the racers, Evan may have also over extended himself quite a bit.

Well I hate posting on controversial topics, but this one seems to not let up. I think this website and all websites should be nothing but positive. Why don't people talk about good things, and if this is a racing website why not talk about good things in racing. Like your last career best or when your wife saw you race for the first time, or first time your children went to the track. I mean why do we want to subject ourselves with nothing but negative speculation.
I swear it seems that most people are not suffice with good things and others success, it is almost like others problems and tough times in life make them happy. Well this is a very crowded world and we all have similar interests, well why not just make it a point to make compliments and try and bring up a positive news story to help others.
Please all lets try and make this crazy racing world we live in still crazy but only because vehicles that weigh 2,400# are accelerating quicker than anything else on this planet.

I remember being at Columbus not too long ago, and seeing the Twilight Zone car on the back of that old truck. I remember thinking, huh that is way cool just like the old days. Good luck with the rest of the season, and I agree too much negativity gets old quick.

Any post that seems critical of Evan is mild compared to his eruptions on this board as well as individual notes he's sent out. Defending him is far more controversial than commenting on his actions and ridiculous statements.

I agree. In fact, I said this is a sad situation for a lot of people.

I think the personal attacks are uncalled for but the discussion about the situation is very much up for debate. You can't take back what Evan did for the racers and the sport, he should be thanked,not bashed. If we can't debate the situation,why have message boards?

Bobby Lagana's post is most appropriate in suggestion.

How's about this:
Only those who have been directly affected by Evan's financial woes may post comments about their situation.

It never ceases to amaze me how many folks believe they are going to die from second hand sponsorship evaporation.

I read a very good book with a line in it "but where were the nine?" That sums it up perfectly for me.

For the record, I don't think anyone, including Evan, should ever call someone out on a public forum. There is no purpose.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back