Don't mess with Evan Knoll! (1 Viewer)

Evan...
Thank you for Everything you've done for the Sport.:D

Hope I run into this coming weekend to tell you in person:)

I would like to say thanks to Evan Knoll, Forrest Lucas and Don Shumacher for supporting our sport! Our pro categories would have far less cars and the competition wouldnt be nearly what it is, if it wasnt for you guys (Evan and Lucas) funding such great competitors and (Don Shumacher) for bringing in great sponsors to give several racers the opportunity to continue to race. Think about how many teams were on the brink of being "parked" due to lack of funding and were saved by these guys!!!
I know there are several other people who contribute to drag racing (JFR, DPR, etc..) but these guys just go above and beyond for our sport and deserve OUR thanks...So next time you see these guys at the races just say thanks!

I would like to say thanks to Evan Knoll, Forrest Lucas and Don Shumacher for supporting our sport! Our pro categories would have far less cars and the competition wouldnt be nearly what it is, if it wasnt for you guys (Evan and Lucas) funding such great competitors and (Don Shumacher) for bringing in great sponsors to give several racers the opportunity to continue to race. Think about how many teams were on the brink of being "parked" due to lack of funding and were saved by these guys!!!
I know there are several other people who contribute to drag racing (JFR, DPR, etc..) but these guys just go above and beyond for our sport and deserve OUR thanks...So next time you see these guys at the races just say thanks!

A lot of great Alky teams would be parked or wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Evan Knoll!!!

Thanks, Evan :D :D :D

I can see where there is a problem...

Sponsorship isn't supposed to be all about someone just handing over money. Its supposed to be a 2-way street, where both the sponsor and the sponsoree benefit from a mutual relationship. IE: The company and branding exposure from being associated with said team. A sponsor depends on using its sponsored car as a vehicle and representative of their company. Now, what happens when the owner also signs another associate sponsor that has a conflict of interest? The exclusivity of the person sponsoring the car is one of the key benefits... I don't think you'd see a Miller Lite sticker on Bernsteins' operation. And if you did, wouldn't Budweiser have the right to be upset?

Business is business. You enter into a partnership of any sort, and you now have more people to be concerned with keeping happy than yourself. If you don't want outside input, then fund a team 100% out of your own pocket. Then there isn't anyone that can say anything about it.

Finally a voice of reason.

Finally a voice of reason.

He may be the voice of reason but in the real world it doesn't always play out that way. ;)
It all comes down to money like the old saying goes "Money talks Bullsh!t walks" it has everything to do with money which Mr. Knoll forks out a ton into our beloved sport!
We will just have to watch how this plays out one thing is for sure it's going to be interesting. :)

After reading Evan's post it all makes sense to me. If I'm sponsoring a car as the primary I would expect to be consulted before any other associates were added.

Say for instance I'm backing the Wild West Engineering FC. And Jim Young does all of my printing and hand out pics, etc. If the car owner showed up with a Kinko's sticker without telling me about it, I would be pissed. Even though that is not a conflicting sponsor with my company, I would not want to be promoting a company that was in direct competition with my buddy.

It sounds to me like there was a misunderstanding, and that Evan and Don have worked it out. If I'm wrong, then I'm sure Evan will let me know-LOL

Alan

Evan, you are a rockstar. Thank you for all you do, and for having the guts to come forth under pressure and make decisions, even though some may not agree.

You are the man.

Farmer

Yeah, um, pretty much what ^^he said. :D

Seriously, I totally agree, and thanks Evan for all you're doing for the sport we love.

It sounds to me like there was a misunderstanding, and that Evan and Don have worked it out. If I'm wrong, then I'm sure Evan will let me know-LOL

Alan

It looks like things worked out fine. It was just announced Knoll and Lucas will partner on a TF team next year and I'll bet it won't be under the DSR "umbrella".

Danny

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back