Is anybody going to Memphis? (1 Viewer)

This will be the first time I've missed Memphis since the early 90's, I'll be at Rockingham for the ADRL event instead...

After '05 & '06 I said I would never go back in that heat, but they moved it back to September this year & the weather looks great for the weekend.

Well, we got lucky again! And I'm glad for y'all it doesn't look like either storm with mess with the race! :)

Tomorrow, 82 and no rain. Saturday, 76 and sunshine. Sunday, 83 and no rain.

You all are going to miss some freaking amazing races.

After several weeks of problems, I had decided to skip Memphis this year. Last Tuesday I went ahead and bought tickets for Saturday. The wife and I cruised up there Saturday morning. We both dressed for normal Memphis weather (hot) wearing shorts and light shirts. We arrived at the track @ 7AM. Tickets were at will-call, so we had to wait until they were brought to the main gate. When we got in, the wife made a B-line to the vendor trailers to buy a long-sleeved shirt! The weather was nice.We hit our seats for 3rd round of qualifying and got to know the people sitting close to us. Suddenly a guy and his son comes up to me and shows me a printed-out ticket for the exact seats that my wife and I were sitting in. I explained to him that there was a problem because I knew my tickets were good because I had just picked them up at will-call. I went on to tell him not to worry about it because seating around us was light and plenty of seats were available. He said he wanted to get this straightened out and left. I never saw him again. I
managed to get a few good pit shots throughout the day.
Competitionplus Saturday photo gallery

Oh yea........after a wonderful Saturday, we drove back home and spent a quiet Sunday, enjoying a great sermon by our pastor, and relaxing in the recliner. I got up early this morning and drove to town to take care of a few things. On the way, cruising at a modest 57 MPH, a very large deer decides to play chicken with me. Form what the car looks like, I should have won- but (Steve Evans comes to mind here).....the deer " walked away" !!! Good thing it is a company car (sorry Leaseplan).
magnumafterdeerspikeaw2.jpg

Woah Alan... Your lucky it didn't go through the window... I hear death by deer in window is more common than people think... Nice story to tell though... Glad all was well and "he walked away"...

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back