Is anybody going to Memphis? (1 Viewer)

BF

Nitro Member
I saw where only myself and one other person are listed as going. It will be my first time there since 2000. I usually go to Dallas but I have a "rookie" (19 year old from work) who wanted to go to a race and Memphis is closer. My brother is going on Saturday and bringing 2 more "rookies" with him. No alcohol classes, looks like I'll be back at Dallas next year for sure.

I guess I got my answer from the lack of response. This could be a good weekend to run a race at Mobile or Baton Rouge. Hurry up with that construction. Don't worry, I usually talk to myself like this.

I've heard the best thing about Memphis is by Far the Nightclubs and Restraurants. As for the track itself....:eek:

I went to Memphis a few years ago and I was never as happy to leave a race in my life. It was over 100 degrees the whole weekend and it was a smokefest.

I went to Memphis a few years ago and I was never as happy to leave a race in my life. It was over 100 degrees the whole weekend and it was a smokefest.

Justin,

Normally, you would be absolutely correct. But the NHRA picked a great weekend to come back to Memphis. This weekend, a cold front is supposed to move in (of all times) Friday night. The high on Friday is 85, with a cold front moving in. The high on Saturday is going to be 80, and the high Sunday 83.

These cars are going to fly -- and from what I'm hearing, low humidity as well.

I can't wait.

BTW, the forecast for Dallas looks to be in the low-mid 90's with humidity. YUCK!

Justin,

Normally, you would be absolutely correct. But the NHRA picked a great weekend to come back to Memphis. This weekend, a cold front is supposed to move in (of all times) Friday night. The high on Friday is 85, with a cold front moving in. The high on Saturday is going to be 80, and the high Sunday 83.

These cars are going to fly -- and from what I'm hearing, low humidity as well.

I can't wait.

BTW, the forecast for Dallas looks to be in the low-mid 90's with humidity. YUCK!

Oh trust me, Dallas has issues too. Its either really cold or really hot. And sometimes you get both in the matter of one day! This year I think the problem will be the weather and the dreaded "r" word. Thats all its done here for like the last 6 months it seems and its flooding today.

I only WISH I were going to Memphis. I've never been to the city and hope to visit there someday. I'd love to visit Beal Street and have the opportunity to enjoy two of my favorite things: drag racing and the blues.

The hottest race of any kind I ever attended was in Memphis. If I remember correctly it was run in June and the temp was triple digits all three days. They had first-aid stations set up on both sides of the track.

I'll be there with 13 close friends. If they hadn't changed the scheduled date for this years race none of us would be going.

BTW, if you don't have a gun on you when you visit Beale Street, don't worry, they'll issue you one for free.

Understand there's something moving in over Houston as we speak... all sorts of clockwise swirly winds and stuff....

Karl.....I am up northeast of Houston....and I am ready! Beer, cigs, batteries, generator's gassed, battery chargers charged, flashlights strategically placed.....did I say beer?

Anyway, we may get the worst up here....as of now. It's the flooding that worries me. It's moving slow and has the gumption to drop alot of steady rain.

Oh, and the winds are counter clockwise. It's the opposite swirly winds thingy. ;) It should move away from Memphis.

It's that stupid storm in the Atlantic that may mess with Memphis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly...
Keep you head down and the beer iced... Last big storm that hit here, Isabelle, we learned how to cook Pizza on a Barbeque grill.... seems that storms want to come ashore in NC and pass us to the west.... right up I-95...

You and the youngin' stay safe... we're thinkin' bout ya'll...

can't wait for Richmond... 4 more weeks

It looks like it's passing by Memphis. And by the time the storm in the Atlantic gets close to the US, Memphis will be long past. Thank goodness!

Kelly, you stay safe!

If you need any help, I'm sure the Bama Boys have some contraption that will come and rescue you. :) Those guys are hysterical.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back