Interesting segment on Wind Tunnel (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
Bill Stephens was on with some insight on this recent tragedy.......expressed his opinions of the future of JFR

Stated that he had not spoken directly with John, but in his opinion they would race on. Specifically addressed his thoughts on Ashley getting back in the car........he thinks she will. Also, he did not believe they would field a 4th car........

It would have been nice if the show would have found someone who didn't have to answer direct questions with "I haven't talked to John", "I talked to someone close to the team", "I think" and "it's my opinion".

Mr. Reinhart would have been a better choice for the interview than Mr. Stephens.

It was a nice piece...but it still sucks that Medlens death takes a backseat to the Bristol race.

I think they placed the segment in the most reasonable spot. The show opened with the "around the racing world today" hopscotch, a few viewer calls, then the commercial break that leads into the heart of the show.

If they had run the segment in the final 2 minutes of the show, then we would have a legitimate beef.

=========

On a separate note, Despain mentioned that Medlen was the first fatal funny car crash in 30 or 40 years. Who was the last funny car racer to perish from a crash?

Last edited:
I went looking for Bill Stephans article on ESPN. I clicked on autos and all I got was NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR. Nothing on Eric. Again another reason why i........nascar

As for JFR, I expect that their game plan is to be back at Houston and will run the remaining season with three cars. I doublt there will be any effort in trying to add a fourth car.

I don`t think that first caller could`ve actually formulated a question. Second caller wasn`t much brighter.

Agreed.

That means either:

1) Wind Tunnel doesn't have a strict call screening process
2) Callers have way too time between dialing in and going on the air (read: have a few adult beverages while waiting)

i have to give kudos to marty and the gang that covered the boring irl race last night...a nice tribute and condolances to the medlen family, a fellow racer...i watched most of the bristol race today, but didn't see anything...disappointing...just venting a little...this is so sad!

Ray,

Damn it...gonna have to get me one of them Tivo things!
TIVO- :confused: What's that?? Sounds like a serious case of a vd... :eek: I still record on my 8-track unit from the 70's... :D Seriously, I noticed that the 12am repeat, was not on tonight... So I recorded the early show... 7 AM tomorrow morning in the northwest Bro...

It would have been nice if the show would have found someone who didn't have to answer direct questions with "I haven't talked to John", "I talked to someone close to the team", "I think" and "it's my opinion".

Mr. Reinhart would have been a better choice for the interview than Mr. Stephens.

Bill Stephens is true professional.His insight and opinions are usually right on,and he has a great and vast knowledge of our sport,and the racers involved with it.Personally,what he said on the show makes very good sense,and he's not one to speculate or guess on issues.So I'd take what Bill said as a good idea on JFR's future based on his experience.

Not taking anything away from Alan Reinhart,he is also a professional to our sport.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back