Capps is going to be on Wind Tunnel Sunday (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
Ron Capps will be featured on Dave Despain's Wind Tunnel on Speed this Sunday at 9 p.m. ET, from his Carlsbad, Calif., home.

I always DVR it anyway.....and mine says 8:30 CT, too. We'll get further verification in a bit. It's usually on at the top of the hour here.

Nah, anything I'd want to ask him I can ask him at the end of March. :)

Official release....
"RON CAPPS TO APPEAR ON WIND TUNNEL THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 1

CARLSBAD, Calif. (Feb. 25, 2009) - Fresh from his winning sweep of the first two Funny Car national events of the 2009 Full Throttle Drag Racing Series driving the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge, Ron Capps will appear on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain from his home in Carlsbad, Calif., this Sunday, March 1, on Speed Channel.

The show airs live from 9-10 p.m. ET. Fans may call in on 866-WTUNNEL with questions or comments."

Still questioning the time, based on my dvr guide. Hmmm....

Okie Dokie....correction. At least we know we're not nuts, Zap! :)

RON CAPPS TO APPEAR ON WIND TUNNEL THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 1

CARLSBAD, Calif. (Feb. 25, 2009) - Fresh from his winning sweep of the first two Funny Car national events of the 2009 Full Throttle Drag Racing Series driving the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge, Ron Capps will appear on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain from his home in Carlsbad, Calif., this Sunday, March 1, on Speed Channel.

The show airs live from 9:30-10:30 p.m. ET. Fans may call in on 866-WTUNNEL with questions or comments.

For anyone who is going to record Wind Tunnel on Sunday night, read the schedule on Race Fan TV. To be safe you might want to give yourselves an earlier start, and a later stop time.

Well, now my dvr guide says 8:00 pm CT/9:00 ET as usual. I'm thoroughly confused. I'm recording an hour before and an hour after!

On now! After extended babbling by NASCAR idiots Spencer and Wallace - :mad:

I happened to catch that segment on NASCAR Race Day and my first thought was that was going WAY over the head of the average NASCAR fan. My second thought was people were going to call in and whine about it on Wind Tunnel. Despain must have gotten a lot of email about it and decided to do a pre-emptive strike to explain "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" to the mouth-breathers.

Capps was good, said him and Ace were going to stand on everyone's necks all season. We shall see.

Last edited:
I missed it. How was the show? To be honest, I don't care for that show too much. I mean - Despain is relatively knowldegable about racing; but everytime they've had drag racers on there in the past, I get all excited... then get disappointed because they blab about nascar for 45 minutes non-stop, then they throw 2 diecast dragsters on the counter and you get a 6 minute interview with some race footage from 4 years ago. I don't think they get the same "treatment" as stock car or open wheel circle-trackers. But that's just my opinion.... which by the way nobody asked for.

Chris, I agree with you.
Check out the crazy rant:

[vBTube]e1LRiiwTe0g[/vBTube]

It kinda seemed staged, but none the less, that network is all nascrap all the time. *

*Disclaimer: I haven't seen the channel in 8 months due to moving to a different cable provider.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back