Indy 2026

Today reminded me of going to Englishtown for the summer nationals as a kid, it was hot and quite sticky.
It definitely was brutally hot today. I had to go sit in the car for a bit. Hottest for me since Sonoma about 20 years ago. Emergency people were busy today. In my section one woman had to be helped out and another was carried out.
 
My Fb memories just reminded me of the last time I went to indy; 11 years ago! And as I recall, it was pretty brutal hot then too...

Way different vibe than when me, my mom and my little brother would road trip to indy for the whole week of racing in the mid-70s... Pros parked in the grass, no ropes and stations, 32 Top Fuelers...
I hope to get back there for the whole week next year or so; the wife has never been, but she is a trooper and will perch all week with me watching class cars
 
Question about the Funny Car Callout Race. Does anyone recall how drivers qualify for the Callout Race? I remember the Big Bud Shootout was based on qualifying points earned throughout a year and I think it was the same for the Skoal Showdown and Traxxas specialty races. However, I thought that changed with the callout format and I haven’t been able to find anything online.
 
Question about the Funny Car Callout Race. Does anyone recall how drivers qualify for the Callout Race? I remember the Big Bud Shootout was based on qualifying points earned throughout a year and I think it was the same for the Skoal Showdown and Traxxas specialty races. However, I thought that changed with the callout format and I haven’t been able to find anything online.
It's the same - points based on qualifying positon. In the standings below you can tell it's the same or similar because the differences are a multiple of 5. Back in the day, they would award 175 points for number 1, 165 pts for #2 etc., and at some point it changes to 5 point increments instead of 10 point increments. I could not locate the exact points per position qualified chart so can't confirm if it's exactly the same.
1788616959001.png
 
It's the same - points based on qualifying positon. In the standings below you can tell it's the same or similar because the differences are a multiple of 5. Back in the day, they would award 175 points for number 1, 165 pts for #2 etc., and at some point it changes to 5 point increments instead of 10 point increments. I could not locate the exact points per position qualified chart so can't confirm if it's exactly the same.
View attachment 18161
Thanks I couldn’t find that.
 
If it wasn't for Shirley would Leah be where she is right now? She is in a long chain of successful female pro racers who came before her.
that's exactly my point. i just wish some of drag racing's royalty, like shirley, wouldn't have to show up at the big race with
such a low budget setup. somehow if nhra could assist with a top shelf midway setup for these heroes of the sport.
obviously that is not the case.
 
Hope some cloud cover comes in later this afternoon or this entire day for the nitro cars is going to be a bust. Track temps have messed with pretty much every run so far. Congrats to Dylan Winefsky for two solid runs for that team and actually improving a bit over last night's run that was done in better conditions!
 
Good to see Mike Koebler tubing for Justin Schriefer. Also McKaillen Haddock is hanging around his dads team so they must have patched things up.
Yes what happened with the haddocks,we went from being excited to work on a team to taking pics and not being on the team
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top