Indy 2026

Stock looks crazy , #1 U/SA Frederick Elsass 1.48 under in mid 90s temps . Nearly a second under to make the field.
The whole index system seems like a joke compared to when we raced 30+ years ago.
 
Last edited:
haven't been able to watch all day, but caught quite a bit earlier, and am watching again now.
lots of good stories in class today, as there are every year. love thursday at indy.
 
128 qualifiers in Super Stock, with roughly 18 not making the field as of Q3, including Dan Fletcher. I wonder if Dan has ever been a DNQ before?
I feel as though 2nd alternate could get into the field with breakage? Have my fingers crossed that that's the case. I know there's normally a few that pull out after Class.
 
Was Lohnes a bit salty about Race Control on the mic today? Anyone know the backstory? There were more than a few jabs at them...
 
first time husband & wife race for wally yesterday. brett and rylee speer ran for the SS/JA trophy.
she chased him down for the win and bragging rights!

finally took a peek at competitionplus this morning. thank you bobby and team for excellent reporting
on the first two days.
 
Last edited:
was watching some guys utube video last night. he was walking thru pro pits yesterday, filming and talking a little bit.
he panned showing shirley muldowney's very small maybe 12' enclosed trailer with simple pop-up tent, then panned across
pit lane showing leah's TF pit and her larger than life glossy image on back door of trailer ....... it's an odd juxtaposition.
nhra still uses that handful of 1970's superstars all the time to promote itself, yet shirley still shows up at the biggest race of the year hocking her wears out of a low budget setup. she paved the way and has to sit there all weekend staring at big glossy leah and her TSR pit setup.
just an observation. it is what it is i guess.
 
Was Lohnes a bit salty about Race Control on the mic today? Anyone know the backstory? There were more than a few jabs at them...
1788544112713.png
 
Mike, you forgot about Dave and Judy Boertman at the 71 Summer Nationals for stock eliminator
The only thing I remember about 1971 is getting married. An event that wound up being the equivalent of an old John Force quote "I hired my own assassin". I do remember Dave Boertman but not that particular race.

15 degrees cooler Sunday and Monday so that should help. Right now about 1/3 of the US is stuck under a relentless heat dome. 4 months with no significant rain here, 50 consecutive days of 100+ and no relief expected until the last part of September.
 
Last edited:
was watching some guys utube video last night. he was walking thru pro pits yesterday, filming and talking a little bit.
he panned showing shirley muldowney's very small maybe 12' enclosed trailer with simple pop-up tent, then panned across
pit lane showing leah's TF pit and her larger than life glossy image on back door of trailer ....... it's an odd juxtaposition.
nhra still uses that handful of 1970's superstars all the time to promote itself, yet shirley still shows up at the biggest race of the year hocking her wears out of a low budget setup. she paved the way and has to sit there all weekend staring at big glossy leah and her TSR pit setup.
just an observation. it is what it is i guess.
I’m just going to assume the difference between generations (& $). As long I continued to build houses like my dad did in the 50’s - early 90’s (when I took over), we were all good! But as soon as I couldn’t get the same supplies, they actually made something better of or just anything different, etc; we weren’t always on good terms. The construction business treated us both well, but just recently was told by him, when fixing/working on mower: “If Tom (my buddy) didn’t help me, than I better get my B-I-L to help me to do it! He didn’t know Sh!t about mechanical work, so “how can I, since he only taught me; wood-work/construction”?
Made a “red-neck” tool to change the springs on it (instead of the special tool), out of a 2x10, longer bolt & a piece of HD overhead garage door angle, that my buddy (who had a stroke 20 years ago) now wants to use, because he could do it easier, when working on redoing old lawn tractors. I still don’t know “what the hell I’m doing”! But me & my brother still took breakfast to M&D, this morning and ate with them & had a great time. I have a feeling that my dad & Shirley would get along great!?!? Meanwhile, I’m going to wish, All you Mater’s a great Labor Day Weekend and enjoy the drag racing! 😊👊
 
I don't recall why the bottom 4 need to qualify in 10th in points, particularly Cody and Troy - did they miss some qualifying sessions and that's why they don't qualify? Did they miss a race I didn't realize? I thought E. Latino and Delco went to all the events too, but I could be wrong. Anyone recall? I took a look at points earned and nothing jumped out at me.
1788553186532.png
 
was watching some guys utube video last night. he was walking thru pro pits yesterday, filming and talking a little bit.
he panned showing shirley muldowney's very small maybe 12' enclosed trailer with simple pop-up tent, then panned across
pit lane showing leah's TF pit and her larger than life glossy image on back door of trailer ....... it's an odd juxtaposition.
nhra still uses that handful of 1970's superstars all the time to promote itself, yet shirley still shows up at the biggest race of the year hocking her wears out of a low budget setup. she paved the way and has to sit there all weekend staring at big glossy leah and her TSR pit setup.
just an observation. it is what it is i guess.
If it wasn't for Shirley would Leah be where she is right now? She is in a long chain of successful female pro racers who came before her.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top