IHBA World finals pics! (1 Viewer)

Great pictures as usual Joe!! :)

That old plane is a WWII B-17 bomber. It’s owned and operated by the Commemorative Air Force. It's been on display at the Arizona Wing CAF Aircraft Museum at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ. I think they sell rides on it for about $450 for a 45 min flight.

Arizona Wing CAF

SentimentalJourneyBanking.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful pics, thanks so much for sharing! Great commentary too, slideshow set up is cool too!
Great plane by the way, Id love to take a ride, a lil pricey though!!
Just curious, how long does it take you to drive here? I had considered coming to the strip in NM, but have no idea how long it takes to get there.

Wonderful pics, thanks so much for sharing! Great commentary too, slideshow set up is cool too!
Great plane by the way, Id love to take a ride, a lil pricey though!!
Just curious, how long does it take you to drive here? I had considered coming to the strip in NM, but have no idea how long it takes to get there.

Suzanne, it's been about 6 years since I've driven cause flights are so cheap. But as long as you don't hit any construction on the Beeline Hwy. I've made it in 6 hrs. before.

Excellent shots as always Joey!
By the way, pic #58 was actually the Crap Shoot II TAH. Seems O.H. Casey had more money to pour into this sport and decided a championship Pro Mod boat wasn't enough so they built a Top Alky boat to match. Scott Loomis stayed the driver of the Pro Mod boat however. That kid is something!
Thanks for the great pix!

Great pictures as usual Joe!! :)

That old plane is a WWII B-17 bomber. It’s owned and operated by the Commemorative Air Force. It's been on display at the Arizona Wing CAF Aircraft Museum at Falcon Field in Mesa, AZ. I think they sell rides on it for about $450 for a 45 min flight.

It has always been a pipe dream of mine if I ever got extremely wealthy to own/restore/maintain/fly a B17. It breaks my heart that there were over 100,000 of them built and less than 100 are flightworthy today.

There is a place in England I saw on the History Channel that maintains a few B17s and Lancaster bombers and they will let you go through a few weeks of training based roughly on the WWII training program and the conclusion of the program is a practice bombing run in which you drop bags of sand at prescribed targets in the English countryside. You can be the Bombardier, Co-Pilot, Radio Operator or Navigator. Some RAF cadets went thru the programs with their Grandfathers who actually crewed the bombers in WWII, it was very cool to see.

Oh yeah, good pics as usual Joe.

Last edited:
You must be confused, Joe. Mike didn't miss the biggest DB race of the year. That was in OKC back in July. :D

I had planned on going to Bricktown but $$$ canceled that. From the Racers I talked to who were there, it was so Muggy you could cut it with a knife! Worse than marble falls.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back