How many national events do you attend? (1 Viewer)

How many national events do you attend each season, on average?

• Total voters
I live in Tampa, so Gainesville is close for me. I also attend Columbus because I can visit friends/family in Cleveland and make a vacation of it. We try to make one more each year, most recently Vegas II. In years gone by I frequented Indy on a regular basis, but that is not possible now because I have another disease -- motorcycles -- and have to make time for Bike Week and other activities.

This year I did 5, I always do Englishtown and Maple Grove because those are the only 2 I don't have to board a plane for. I always do Chicago because it's my favorite track and it's easy to get a direct flight to O'Hare. This year I did Sonoma, because I'm off for the summer and wanted to go to a race without having to use sick days or personal days and spent the week out in the Bay area. For the 5th race it came down to either the fall Vegas race or the Finals at Pomona, this year the Vegas race won out because it's easier to get those days off from work. Although next year I'd like to hit Pomona, I could easily see me wanting to back to Vegas.

Hey Quill, I have only been in it for about 14 years... The fact that you have only been in drag racing for a few years doesn't measure your love for it. If you are here on the Mater, you got it good, or I should say it has you!

Man, does it ever have me. I knew that after race day in Seattle. I took my best friend with me and he reminded me of how excited I was after my first race. And I immediately started plotting how to get to another race. Heh.

Hmm. I had better book the flight for Vegas 2 now.

For the 5th race it came down to either the fall Vegas race or the Finals at Pomona, this year the Vegas race won out because it's easier to get those days off from work. Although next year I'd like to hit Pomona, I could easily see me wanting to back to Vegas.

I'd choose Vegas in a Heartbeat!

I always make Gainesville,have since 1976,but that's it as far as national events go.I do however go to a lot of divisional events.

Since NHRA came to town, we attend 5 events a year. Pomona 2, Vegas 2 and Phoenix. Fortunately all within driving distance.

I usually go to 4 per year Joliet, E-Town, Indy, and Grove. If they move Madison to early May like I heard next year, I will add Madison to my list. I refuse to go down to Madison and endure 100 degree heat along with 80% humidity.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back