How many national events do you attend? (1 Viewer)

How many national events do you attend each season, on average?

• Total voters

Shan

Nitro Member
I know the obvious answer is probably "not as many as I'd like to." :D But I was just curious how often other fans attend events.

Usually 4 a year (Vegas (twice), Phoenix and Denver). However I missed Phoenix this year.

Wouldn't it be awesome if NHRA would sell season passes like you can get at a theme park or something of that nature? I'd be all over that. I might have to hit the lotto to be able to finance going to all of them, but it would be cool. :p

Both Pomona's,
Sonoma
and will try for both Vegas' (but I hate that there is no alcohol classes at the fall race)

Shan, mind if I ask what the "1%" is on your avatar?

Last edited:
Chandler
Denver
Las Vegas (both)
Houston
Dallas
Made it to Chicago once.
Kansas sometimes

Been doing both Pomonas, both Vegas` and Seattle for several years now, but we substituted Bristol and Ennis for Vegas just this one year...So, I guess my answer is 5 Natl. Events per year.

Used to do both Houston's and both Dallas's but now, only the one race at each and I havent been to the Motorplex in a couple of years but thats going to change next month. I doubt I go all 3 days but I will def be there Sun.

Indy is a tradition

I try to make Columbus since its close.

Usually 1 of the 2 Ihra national events that are in Michigan too.

Just wish the budget allowed for more

When my husband was on the road I'd do about 15 a year on average. In 2002 I went to all but 3, and last year I only did 9. Usually Pomona, Vegas, Seattle, Sonoma, Indy, Dallas, and a few others in between.

It would be interesting to see where you people live compared to how you voted. Certainly, some parts of the country offer fairly quick & easy accessibility to multiple events without getting on an airplane. Then there's people like me; being in Denver, my closest tracks are Vegas, Dallas, Topeka... all more or less a good day's drive away there & back. Compared to someone in say L.A., North Florida-Georgia, DC, Southern Ohio, etc.

You're right: where one lives certainly has to be a factor. I make it to the Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways every year. But the next track closest to me that has a Powerade race (Sonoma) is more than 800 miles away.

I usually get to between 4-5 ,because we have a few close by and I fly to a couple to visit friends ,and got to the races.

Well, since I discovered the sport in 2004, I have found my way into the Northwest Nationals at Pacific Raceways for three straight races.

Man, I've been talking about it for two weeks now, but I am this close to booking a trip for Vegas 2. I'm just waiting for my husband to finalize the time off...bugger.

So, there's two races this year. Because I'm way up in the Pacific Northwest corner of the country, time, travel and cost relegate my event viewing to television.

But, in the future I could see going to races at Pomona, Sonoma and Vegas (both races).

I do still feel like a relative newb to drag racing and I'm starting slow but gaining steam.

Hey Quill, I have only been in it for about 14 years... The fact that you have only been in drag racing for a few years doesn't measure your love for it. If you are here on the Mater, you got it good, or I should say it has you!

Used to do both E-Town and Reading every year, but lately it has only been Gainesville. Best year I think was 4, G'ville, Bristol, Etown, and Reading, as well as 3 divisional races.

Usually 5 a year, 2 Vegas, 2 Pomona, and Phoenix. I did miss Pomona 1 and Phoenix this year for the first time in several years. However, I will be at Indy this year for the first time since '91.

For myself, living in Northern B.C the closest national event for me is in Edmonton and thats a seven hour drive at it is. That said, it's a must event to attend for me. There isn't much I can think of that'll keep me away.

I've wanted to attend Indy since I was 10 yrs old. I'll get there some day.

4 usually....maybe 5 this year.
Seattle...'cause it is only two hours away!
Both Vegas races...working for an airline does have advantages.
Sonoma...gotta finish out the Western Swing.
And this year I am going to try the Final in Pomona. I have never been to that race and I want to hit the museum...if not this year then next for sure.
I would also like to include Denver in my itinerary...we fly there now and that would complete the Swing for me!

I would love in future years to get to some of the tracks back East. I want to experience some of the crowds there and some of the ledgendary tracks!
I really want to see Thunder Valley in Bristol...I watch these events every week and I would love to see the tracks up close and personal. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back