How is this going to affect drag racing? (1 Viewer)

Starting in 2024 5 to 9% of heavy trucks SOLD NEW will have to be zero emissions ..... so in 2045 or so when all new production is zero emission you are asking about the impact? I don't want to say "none" because everything impacts everything, but I really don't think its very relevant in the near term (my lifetime, I'm 56) to NHRA drag racing. CARB has always been out front pushing manufacturers, and generally manufacturers have complied/exceeded (in large part because CARBs requests are fairly reasonable).

You could ask how cooking out with bagged charcoal will impact drag racing and possibly be more timely and relevant ..... environmentally charcoal is some bad stuff. Maybe they don't even sell it in California.

Limiting emissions and carbon capture (likely largely through plants that ingest large amounts of CO2 in put the carbon back in the ground) .... its a big part of our future.

Thanks Jeff. My thoughts on this were that racers would need to get electric rigs to go to Calif, etc etc, and that would add to the cost of racing. You know better about this than I do. :)

You could ask how cooking out with bagged charcoal will impact drag racing and possibly be more timely and relevant ..... environmentally charcoal is some bad stuff. Maybe they don't even sell it in California.

Funny you should say that. You can get Charcoal but not Match Light so people soak it with crazy dangerous stuff including gasoline. It's not a problem for our Politicians because they don't have very many VEGAN BBQ'S. The smell of Kale over an open fire at the Drag Races just isn't that appetizing while you charge the batteries on your T/F or Funny Car that doesn't put out any awful tire smoke or terrible noise. This is not your Grandpa's (Me) California Drag Racing.

Newsom has zero, and I mean ZERO, knowledge regarding what it will actually take to produce full-electric large trucks on the order of 5-9% in the next 4 years. It ain't just big trucks, either - the regulation includes any truck with a GVWR over 8500 pounds, which includes every 3/4 and 1-ton pickup sold in America, would also be required. The electric-semi industry, which has been developing for some time, is still in its infancy and there's no way in hell they'll meet this number. And can you imagine what a full-electric F350, capable of what the current one can do, would cost? $150,000? Newsom doesn't think any further than his liberal knee-jerk mouth. Sounds like he and Elon Musk have been having lunch together..... ;)

This law is every bit as dumb as the Obama Administration's 54.5mpg CAFE, put together by people who know less about automobiles than I know about nuclear physics - and flat out impossible using current technology. At least the current administration had the presence of mind to get rid of it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back