Carbon Fiber prices in steep climb (1 Viewer)

Bob thanks for the offer, but I am just a arm chair racer. I just was wondering if the price increases would affect racing teams.

This has been an issue for several months now. One of the guys locally who races has had his supply cut so severely that his business is in really hurting.

CarbonFiber fabrics have been a problem around here for about two and a half years. Accorcing to my suppliers, we are just starting to go the right way on the supply and demand numbers. In fact, my supplier called three days ago and said for the first time in three years, his prices have just dropped, and I could buy anything in stock for 25% less than my last price sheet.
It has been a huge problem, and looks like it will continue. In the last two years, the prices of carbon have well more than doubled, and the prices of good carbon have more than trippled. One carbon I have is well over $200 per yard now.
Will it hurt the race teams? Not really. A little bit, but not too bad. The price of carbon fabric is a very small amount of the price of a new body.
I have close to 400 yards at my shop, and I hope this will last for a while.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back