How do pro drivers travel? (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
I'd like to know what pro NHRA drivers or owners own or utilize private planes in lieu of commercial airlines to get around this great country of ours? (and I mean besides you-know-who!:rolleyes:) Also any NHRA or ESPN2 folks?? PM me.

I've seen many drivers in airports after races and have flown with several. I think most probably fly commercial or in the case of back to back races ride their coaches. Anyone have any specific examples?

I thought for sure DSR, JFR & maybe a couple PRO teams???? Because I remember seeing a couple years ago on NHRA today an onboard clip of Purdomme & Dixon flying on a small private jet. Maybe not every week; but once in a while? Any current factual info would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I'd like to know what pro NHRA drivers or owners own or utilize private planes in lieu of commercial airlines to get around this great country of ours? (and I mean besides you-know-who!:rolleyes:) Also any NHRA or ESPN2 folks?? PM me.

I know that Doug Herbert used to have an older Lear Jet. As of this year, he has been flying his King Air twin turboprop.

When I worked for Darrell Gwynn we flew the airlines then we got a deal with Jet Partners and flew the corp. jet a couple years .That was cool because we would be home alot quicker

I'm not sure where he drove it too, but Tony S. had his motor home in Commerce with his family.

Doug K. checked out early too, but I'd say he went to the airport. :)

DLB

DSR and Kalitta have aircraft, but not sure if any of the drivers fly with them. I have flown in the same plane at different times, with the Force Clan, Lee Beard, John Medlen, Wes Cerney, Morgan Lucas, and Bill Stephens.

Shoe owns a nice Hawker pritave jet, Prudhomme bought a Lear from Connie a few years back, Bernstein sold his plane a few years back (around Forever red tour) and does the "motorhome" thing. I bumped into Force at Baytown's RWJ Airpark a few years ago getting into a brand new Lear 45, but I believe it was owned by Castrol from what the crew mentioned. They let us look around before "the group" showed up! It sure did make our Cessna 414 look slow!
Does anybody know if Connie still has his Hawker?

No, Connie/Doug don't have a Hawker anymore. If anyone knows any of these other people, I have a good place to hangar & fuel airplanes in Denver.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back