Pick the Winners 2008 edition (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
NO PICKS YET

Just letting people know that we will be doing this again this year. I know in the off season people are hit and miss around here so just wanted to give enough notice so when the pick list goes up on the 4th that everyone will be ready.

Also I am open to any bribes....err I mean recommendations for any changes.
Here's the rules as they have been the past 2 years.
"The rules are pretty simple.

At each National Event pick 5 drivers from the 4 pro categories. You can divide them up however you want, just make sure that if you pick a motorcycle that it is an event that they race at. And of course you can only pick a driver one time per race.

Points are awarded as follows
1 pt qualifying
1 point for each round win
bonus point for winning the race

So if your driver wins the race they would get 6 points, 4 points for runner up.

In the event that there is a tie for the event win, then the tie breaker will be the winning final round et in top fuel dragster. Whoever is closest to that wins, please guess out to x.xxx (ie 4.489) otherwise I will substitute 0 to fill out the number. The second tie breaker is whoever posted their picks first. (Since I post first I am disqualified on that tie breaker)

I will start a thread the Monday before an event for you to post your picks on. All picks are due by Friday midnight. With people's vacation/business travel I do accept picks early. Feel free to pm your picks, I will then post them once that weeks thread is started. You can not auto pick for the entire season as I feel people need to actively be apart of the game. You may also change your picks as many times as you'd like until the deadline. Just do so in a separate post.

Please remember to give me a full name or initial. We have 2 Kalittas, 2 Forces, 2 Capps, 2 Ashleys (Mike Ashley and Ashley Force) a ton of Johnson's as well as other doubles. If I can't figure out which one you mean I can't score it, thanks"

Still sound good to everyone?

Also, as always anyone who wants to be a prize sponsor just speak up

No changes necessary, PJ... Looking forward to putting the pups to work again. Thanks in advance for keeping up on this!! It was tons o' fun last year....

The only change I would like to see is a reset of the points after Indy to match the Countdown.:D

The only change I would like to see is a reset of the points after Indy to match the Countdown.:D

and to think I was just starting to think that you weren't half bad:p

I suppose the nice thing is that countdown or not you woulda lost either way last year :D

Let's See

Princess
Melanie
Hillary
Robert
&
Ant Brown

That's it fer the year....

Thanks PJ
It's been Real
It's been Fun
But finishing in the mid 60's is Real Fun

d'kid

PJ....This sounds really cool! I'm in for a bit of Drag Racing Pick'em!!!
Any bonus points for pickin Low ET of Event???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back