Hight vs Force. (1 Viewer)

If Hagan and Beckman don't advance past round 2, John only needs to reach the finals to win the championship... sorta. As long as he doesn't lose to Bob Tasca in the finals in that situation, because then Tasca would be the champ.

We are all assuming Hagan and Beckman are going to run the table and that's why John shouldn't beat Robert, but Robert can still win if Hagan and Beckman don't go 2 more rounds than he does.

It could be like the 3 man race in 2005, they all lose Round 2 and its over.

The matchups I would be looking at is a possible Round 2 Hagan - Capps and Beckman - TJ... Get the scuba gear ready if Hight is out round 1.

If Force wins the race against Hight, the title battle is on in Pomona. He only needs to go two rounds further than Beckman (who, again, is on the opposite side of the ladder). Force also would need to go two rounds further than Hagan, who the 16-time champion could face in the semifinals. He would not control his destiny, but he would open the door for everyone else.

If John beats Robert and John does not win the race JFR goes home first loser. . If Robert wins a couple rounds JFR are champions. I see tire smoke in Johns future

Robert could potentially still lose to Hagan in the semis and Hagan or Beckman could win the race and championship, so it's more than just going a couple of rounds. The only way he can assure it is to make the finals.

Tire smoke at half track for Force. When was the last time John had a reaction time in elminations that began with a 1? In Force's defense, there's been a ton of cars smoking the tires this round and he didn't drive it to the wall :).

Gee what a surprise, a crap rt and smoke the tires just as alexander got down the track before,also jr todd got down right after force.
Do you mean the same type of crappy reaction time like Robert had in the second round while trying to win a championship? I wonder who he was trying to dive for. Jr Todd ran a 3.97 and Alexander ran a 3.99 in the heat on Sat John didn't have any good runs in qualifying he ran a 4.27 in the heat on Sat so I suspected he would either smoke the tires or drop a hole on Sunday just like a large percentage of the other cars did. But I still bet on john because I figured it would be a pedal fest and he is the master at that. It looks like the test session in Reading and Indy paid off for Hight.

I don't think it was a dive, even though the car was heading towards the centerline when the tires broke loose. As it turns out, Beckman made the finals, so dive or no dive, for JFR it is still a good thing John lost.

If its a dive or not, the fact that the cloud hangs over the sport is bad. People shouldn't have to question the legitimacy of the race
So what would your solution be? The only possible way that I could see a different outcome would be to have neither car show up for round one. If John beat Hight then some fans would be saying Hight laid down so John could win his 17th championship...and we already knew what some were going to say before they even ran if Robert won.

So what would your solution be? The only possible way that I could see a different outcome would be to have neither car show up for round one. If John beat Hight then some fans would be saying Hight laid down so John could win his 17th championship...and we already knew what some were going to say before they even ran if Robert won.

And that's the big question and I don't really have a good answer. The amount and size of teams have made it more likely to happen, but teams have been around forever. Remember the Minor/Beck coast fest in the 80's. The countdown forces the issue to happen more with bunching the points up and having 2 sets of deadlines (Indy and Pomona). I'd rather see honesty, leave the car in the trailer. I don't want to see a 3 day reaction time, a left turn and massive tire smoke followed by an awww shucks we were trying and just guessed wrong on the track. Leave the B car in the trailer. From a business perspective I understand the need for orders, from a competitor perspective I can't stand it.

We could get crazy and award win points based on level of competition. 20 points for winning a round, bonus 5 for beating someone within .xx of your time, bonus for a holeshot win. Bonus for taking out someone above you in the points. We could get all stupid with that :)

It is a no win situation. Nobody can be sure what happened this time but are basing it on the past when it was blatant. Unfortunately there is no turning back. I will say it looked to me like he steered out of the groove but who knows for sure except John Force.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back