Heart Like A Wheel (1 Viewer)

My guess is they couldnt afford Jamie Lee Curtis` pricetag......
That movie only grossed $272K? , 7.5 MIL to make?

how about a remake, focusing on Erica Enders. Tom Selleck can play Greg Anderson :p
With all due respect....you're still about 40 years off with the casting (although 40 years ado Selleck would have worked.
PS: Don't ask ME to suggest current cast,,,,other than -maybe - Will Smith, I don't recognize ANY of them. Criminy, even Tom Cruise is no longer a teenager.
PPS: I guess ole henpecked Will's not a kid anymore either.

how about a remake, focusing on Erica Enders. Tom Selleck can play Greg Anderson :p
Remake! Ain't gonna happen, because Hollywood's not interested in anything that's not about Millennials.
Millennial anti theft.jpg

Remake! Ain't gonna happen, because Hollywood's not interested in anything that's not about Millennials.
View attachment 10473
A 19 year old kid here in Michigan recently got killed. He was an oil change guy at a dealership. Dude brought his Jeep in for an oil change, and the kid didn't know how to operate a stick. Tried starting it with it in gear and got crushed to death. Family is suing the owner of the Jeep, because law protects the dealerships from being sued. This is a true story, you can google it.

A 19 year old kid here in Michigan recently got killed. He was an oil change guy at a dealership. Dude brought his Jeep in for an oil change, and the kid didn't know how to operate a stick. Tried starting it with it in gear and got crushed to death. Family is suing the owner of the Jeep, because law protects the dealerships from being sued. This is a true story, you can google it.
The 19 year old didn't get killed. He was behind the wheel.

A 42 yo mechanic was crushed by the Jeep after the kid reached in with only his foot to start the thing and it was in gear. The story went on to say the OWNER of the JEEP is being sued for millions for leaving his car there for service…..because of legal technicalities

This may sound corny..
My first ever drag race was the 82' Springs, where Shirley may have had one of her most outspoken moments, where team TR-3 Resin Glaze was using Jeb's engine in Lucielle Lee's car, which really pissed Shirley off.

Anyway, you know when I tried to have a quick conversation in the pits with her, my ingorant and (unknowing her history) words (how is a woman so successful in this game) were the LAST thing she wanted to hear, given the day she was having.
She threw down her book, gave me a stare of FU, but answered anyway. I'll NEVER forget that look..LOL.
She said "I focus on my own run, blinders on"..
That message? Today, I pass along to everyone who is new in business.
Thanks Shirley, always a fan and much respect as the most courageous and toughest racer.. ever.

This may sound corny..
My first ever drag race was the 82' Springs, where Shirley may have had one of her most outspoken moments, where team TR-3 Resin Glaze was using Jeb's engine in Lucielle Lee's car, which really pissed Shirley off.

Anyway, you know when I tried to have a quick conversation in the pits with her, my ingorant and (unknowing her history) words (how is a woman so successful in this game) were the LAST thing she wanted to hear, given the day she was having.
She threw down her book, gave me a stare of FU, but answered anyway. I'll NEVER forget that look..LOL.
Thanks Shirley, always a fan and much respect as the most courageous and toughest racer.. ever.
This may sound corny..

The 82 Springnationals was one of Diamond P's finest shows, went into great detail about the incident, the show was one of their few that had an actual plot. I had several encounters with Shirley mostly positive, and miss her extreme personality to this day

The 82 Springnationals was one of Diamond P's finest shows, went into great detail about the incident, the show was one of their few that had an actual plot. I had several encounters with Shirley mostly positive, and miss her extreme personality to this day
She WAS the face of drag racing..to this day.
She wasn't a clown act on camera spewing nonsensical comedy, she was fierce, determined and with a chip on her shoulder the size of Everest.
It wasn't a simple drag race, for her it was very personal, and the crowd could feel it.

even after all these years, if u stop a random person on the street and ask them to name one drag racer. Shirley would probably be the only one they could think of !

even after all these years, if u stop a random person on the street and ask them to name one drag racer. Shirley would probably be the only one they could think of !
depends heavily on the age of the random person. the funny thing is, if you asked a random group of under 30's, there mite be a good chance their answer would still
be a female. erica.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back