HDpartners (1 Viewer)

WHEREAS, the Company and MJ believe that (i) there are certain holders of the Common Stock (“Potential Sellers”) of the Company who may not be interested in remaining shareholders of the Company following the Acquisition and (ii) there are certain investors (“Potential Buyers”) who may be interested in acquiring shares of Common Stock prior to the consummation of the Acquisition;

The "Potential Buyer" is probably Bruton Smith. He recently wrote a check for (I believe) $340,000,000 to buy a NASCAR track so he could shut it down to provide LVMS with a NASCAR "Chase" event.
I don't remember what the HD buyout amount was - perhaps $100,000,000? Would HD Partners be happy with making a 50% profit "prior to the consummation of the Aquisition"? Bruton probably has $150,000,000 sitting in a Petty Cash account. And . . . if this happens, you can bet your ass that a new person with drag racing experience will be in charge of the NHRA.

I am not sure of the details of Bruton's involvement here, but I can tell you that one of my colleagues asked Bruton a couple of weeks ago about whether or not he is in on this, and all he would do is smirk....My associate couldn't get a comment one way or another...And this is a guy that knows Bruton pretty well...I thought that to be pretty interesting....We'll just have to see what happens, I guess....I can certainly tell you this though...If you were these guys from DirecTV that put HD Partners together, is there even one possible reason that you would keep the current regime at NHRA running your organization long term? I mean, the reports are that they will be running the new deal, but as far as I know, there is NOTHING saying that they wouldn't graciously accept the buyout of their individual shares that they are receiving as part of this deal, should someone else want to come in and buy them out...

I smell a set-up here...A BIG one....!

I think all this started with Smith a couple of years ago and a denial by NHRA then a deal after we left Smith with a group [ his people according to the LV track manager ] who were persuing the NHRA.

Compton and company doing the negociating for obvious reasons with the mandated save sportsman racing at all costs[ thank God ], I would not be supprised a bit to see a new Media Program [ HD Partners ]with Smith taking over the nuts and bolts and it was the plan all along.

If so it's going to be big!
If the thing shakes out right and the ecconomy doesn't tank completely, the sponsors were raised on advertising and know the benifits of targeted ads so when it comes so will they.
You don't think Force standing there all smoked up from a fire talking really animatedly couldn't sell Tide or Shout It out !
How about him standing there interviewing with his hair standing straight up then down in a Bounce / Cling Free ad.
I think I'll retire here and be an Ad man.
Of course I'll have to go to all the races and have an air conditioned office to ensure ideas. LOL

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back