Havin' a little trouble here... help??? (1 Viewer)

JHOLE

Nitro Member
I am trying to post some pictures to a thread in the NHRA section.

I type in the text (in the responce box ), go down on the page, click on the "manage attachments" button, goto the section to attach photos from my computer, hit browse, select the pic, hit "upload" - it starts to upload and then tells me that the pic is too big. The pics I am selecting is only 30 some K - a jpg, from what I am seeing it should be good to go.

What am I missing?

I am trying to post some pictures to a thread in the NHRA section.

I type in the text (in the responce box ), go down on the page, click on the "manage attachments" button, goto the section to attach photos from my computer, hit browse, select the pic, hit "upload" - it starts to upload and then tells me that the pic is too big. The pics I am selecting is only 30 some K - a jpg, from what I am seeing it should be good to go.

What am I missing?
Either the file size is too big or the dimensions are too big. Upload them to Imageshack.us or some other host and post the link(s) here, or resize\compress them using something like Irfanview and upload them again.

Ok.
I am going to try this over here.
The picture that I have selected is 640 x 480. 53.1 KB. Seems like a pretty normal size.

It didn't work.

When I look at the chart that is in the "manage attachment" box it says that the maximum file size for a .jpg is 97.7 KB. (Sounds about right)

I am well under that.

When I hover over the green bar in the same "manage attachment" box it says "maximum attachment storage is 9.8K"

After it tries to "upload" it says that the file is 43.4KB too large.

Startin' to look close to a 9.8K difference. - from 53.1 to 43.4

Would there be some reason that my account only has 9.8K "buffer" to upload something?

Here's the best advice I can find on how to post pics to a forum. Ths was written by HotRodLadyCrusr over at FreiburgersJunkyard.com
If this thread doesn't open I suggest you join the forum , it's free, and then...

try this link.

All's I know is it worked for me.

Best advice I can offer is what Brent already stated above. Use another website to host the picture and use the IMG code (after you upload your pictures) to copy/paste into your post. I use photobucket but they all seem to offer the same features.

Thanks Bob.

Maybe I'll try uploading to a web based tomorrow. Gotta get everybody to bed. I've posted thousands of pics on numerous forums over the years, some are cumbersome, some are easy. Never, in twenty years have I been skunked, 'til now.

I aint a genious so maybe I'm just missin' sumpin' simple.

Or like I've got blocked access..?

Thanks.

Sorry you are having troubles Jeff...

Hmmm....I usually use photobucket to host my pics....I'll try a test and see what happens...

Attachments

• faceJRX 80x80.JPG
    faceJRX 80x80.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 35
well that worked....I guess you just have to watch the sized of the photo and possible go under the limits for the type of image. I hope this helps.

John

Attachments

• face6.JPG
    face6.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 12
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back