Has anyone seen a daily schedule for the PRO Superstar Shootout ??? (1 Viewer)

read an article on FLO and other streaming sports services. it's the place to be these days. the nfl playoff game on peacock was not a 'one and only'

Chaos events were pretty much on a shoestring budget, although I thought we did a lot with a little. Most productions had 3-4 fixed cameras, one trackside camera with an operator, one walk-around camera during FC qualifying and eliminations, pit reports, etc. The majority of those tracks had little to no internet so we were at the mercy of cell hotspots or in one case, Starlink.

NHRA.tv at national events is part of the Fox TV operation and clearly has more resources. At divisionals, national opens, etc. it is strictly a one man operation. Yes, their budget is bigger overall, but not even close to 50x.

FLO is going to put everything they can into the PRO event, and I suspect it will be a great show. I will be at Gainesville the same weekend covering the open test session for everybody else that did not get invited to Bradenton. It will be just me with multiple fixed cameras around the track. I'm sure that the feedback will be about how inadequate that will be, why can't NHRA put on a production like FLO on the same weekend, and so on - all negative. All I can do is provide the best coverage of the weekend within my capabilities.
Keep it up Warren! You are doing great! We appreciate it!

The thing with Flo is it's just not racing there are so many other events and sports on there that many drag racing fans might already be subscribers, they might not watch the Racing side of it until now. I subscribed to Flo in 2019 and my wife and daughter use it for volleyball cheerleading etc.
I did not realize Flo had that much to offer. I may have to keep it around after the shootout. 99% of what I'll watch will be racing but I would not mind checking out some high school baseball.

Not sure how to reply to this message....

I produced the majority of the Funny Car Chaos / Nitro Chaos events over the past three years. In addition, I produce most of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series shows on NHRA.tv / NHRA YouTube channel. Sorry you do not like the production.
I think I talked to you for a bit in the tower in Phoenix a couple years ago during some downtime. For being a one man band you do a great job. As far as NHRA.tv goes, it is not perfect but the amount of bashing it gets is ridiculous for what it offers to us for essentially $13/month.

In addition, I produce most of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series shows on NHRA.tv / NHRA YouTube channel. Sorry you do not like the production.

I can only speak for myself. I have been a subscriber to NHRA.TV since the beginning. A lot of issues have improved immensely. I would love to hear less yapping from all involved, and more sound from the stars of the show, the cars. I understand in this day and age, to keep all the people that seem to have zero attention span engaged, there has to be a lot of yelling, yapping and outrageousness. I don't mind the DJ for the most part. He can be pretty funny. But it does get monotonous. The DJ that does the race at the Texas Motorplex is absolutely horrible. I don't understand why Costello can be speaking into the microphone and the animals outside my house are running away from the blasting booming sound, and then when the crew chief he is interviewing starts speaking seconds later, they cannot be heard .

Like I said. I have subscribed since day 1. I will continue to subscribe. The good out weighs the bad by a bunch. I love the fact that I have the ability to watch a lot more racing in many different classes than I do with any other medium. Our complaining may seem like we don't appreciate the product, but we do.

The thing with Flo is it's just not racing there are so many other events and sports on there that many drag racing fans might already be subscribers, they might not watch the Racing side of it until now. I subscribed to Flo in 2019 and my wife and daughter use it for volleyball cheerleading etc.
Yup, I am aware. My daughter competed in track & field in college. I watched one of her events on there.

I'm very curious as to how many viewers/subscribers are actually going to watch this event.

I'm very curious as to how many viewers/subscribers are actually going to watch this event.
it's the day before super bowl, and it's still cold in northern half of country. i would guess FLO will get a fair amount of viewers for the shootout race?
have no idea what that number mite actually be. i do know that watching the us street nationals over the weekend was fun, as FLO aired some of qualifying live on youtube,
then eliminations and finals were not live on youtube, but were on youtube a few hours later. thought FLO's coverage was very good.

How will the TF vs FC shootout factor into the schedule?
wondering the same. was on the schedule once, then it went away, which is still the case. STK/SS/TS have E1 on friday nite. saturday begins at noon. i think they're
gonna' wish they started at 10 or 11am on saturday. especially if they plan on running some sort of exhibition TF/FC run/s.

Last edited:
I sure hope PRO is not depending on revenue from the FLO TV "Broadcast" to pay most of the expenses from this event. There are some smart people in PRO, and I hope after crunching the numbers and adding up all the revenue from ticket sales, beer, racer entry fees, sponsors, etc, they at least break even.

it's the day before super bowl, and it's still cold in northern half of country. i would guess FLO will get a fair amount of viewers for the shootout race?
have no idea what that number mite actually be. i do know that watching the us street nationals over the weekend was fun, as FLO aired some of qualifying live on youtube,
then eliminations and finals were not live on youtube, but were on youtube a few hours later. thought FLO's coverage was very good.
I don't think that the Super Bowl will effect viewership. It's the day before and I don't think that there are many racing fans that would rather watch the pre game talk over the race. I think FLO will do fine. I watched some qualifying from last weekend too, I agree it looked like a good program.

I can only speak for myself. I have been a subscriber to NHRA.TV since the beginning. A lot of issues have improved immensely. I would love to hear less yapping from all involved, and more sound from the stars of the show, the cars. I understand in this day and age, to keep all the people that seem to have zero attention span engaged, there has to be a lot of yelling, yapping and outrageousness. I don't mind the DJ for the most part. He can be pretty funny. But it does get monotonous. The DJ that does the race at the Texas Motorplex is absolutely horrible. I don't understand why Costello can be speaking into the microphone and the animals outside my house are running away from the blasting booming sound, and then when the crew chief he is interviewing starts speaking seconds later, they cannot be heard .

Like I said. I have subscribed since day 1. I will continue to subscribe. The good out weighs the bad by a bunch. I love the fact that I have the ability to watch a lot more racing in many different classes than I do with any other medium. Our complaining may seem like we don't appreciate the product, but we do.
Complaining is only done to improve the product, without our voices heard the problems will continue. I care, that is why I complain. There is NO reason for NHRA.TV to have horrid audio issues that NEVER get resolved, they don't care as long as they get our money

Complaining is only done to improve the product, without our voices heard the problems will continue. I care, that is why I complain. There is NO reason for NHRA.TV to have horrid audio issues that NEVER get resolved, they don't care as long as they get our money
I have never subscribed to NHRA.TV because so many of you guys complain constantly about it. So it is also a deterrent. When I have issues with a streaming service I Email them and have had way better luck.

I have never subscribed to NHRA.TV because so many of you guys complain constantly about it. So it is also a deterrent. When I have issues with a streaming service I Email them and have had way better luck.
Yes, I'm one of those guys that complain, the sound, clown acts, but with that being said, bar none NHRA.TV is the best thing
ever for watching drag racing (I have had it since day one). I come from the days when the Winternationals would be on
Wide World of Sports a month later after the race was over, usually between figure skating and barrel jumping (Cool)
Get NHRA.TV it's worth the price. The sound is really the one I bitch about! It could be a easy fix.

Last edited:
I sure hope PRO is not depending on revenue from the FLO TV "Broadcast" to pay most of the expenses from this event. There are some smart people in PRO, and I hope after crunching the numbers and adding up all the revenue from ticket sales, beer, racer entry fees, sponsors, etc, they at least break even.
This is by no means a dig at NHRA but look at the stuff they're not paying for. All advertising, sales, etc. go towards this event, not the corporate offices in Indianapolis, executive, admin and event salaries and benefits, personnel travel budget, funding for real estate holdings, etc....all of the overhead borne by the national organization not directly tied to the running of a particular event.

article on DI.com today: the TF/FC matchups.......based on entry lists i believe there are 13 FC's and 12 TF'rs.
Plus, there will be a race-within-a-race when those who don’t qualify in Top Fuel and Funny Car
line up against one another in the special Top Fuel vs. Funny Car Shootout.

weather forecast looking favorable for what has been a cooler than average winter in the sunshine state

weather forecast looking favorable for what has been a cooler than average winter in the sunshine state

My wife isn't happy about this. She wont get to lounge at the pool while I'm at the track. Haha!

Yes, I'm one of those guys that complain, the sound, clown acts, but with that being said, bar none NHRA.TV is the best thing
ever for watching drag racing (I have had it since day one). I come from the days when the Winternationals would be on
Wide World of Sports a month later after the race was over, usually between figure skating and barrel jumping (Cool)
Get NHRA.TV it's worth the price. The sound is really the one I bitch about! It could be a easy fix.
"We'll have more from the NHRA Winternationals later, but now cliff diving from Acapulco!"

one week from today will we be talking about the first VP racing fuels 340+ already?
today toyota has announced support for the race. everyday there is someone new lining up to support this dash for cash.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back