Has anyone seen a daily schedule for the PRO Superstar Shootout ??? (1 Viewer)

wtf, does anyone know anything about S/SS invite list to this race?...... i know one person, and possibly a second that will be there,
but not a peep about anyone else. big secret at the moment i guess.

just received an email confirming there will be ticket sales at the gate for the pro shootout. advanced ticket sales are obviously available, but not necessary,
if anyone would perhaps not make the drive to track if weather was poor.

Last edited:
For FLO, you must buy an entire month to get the PRO race, as an added bonus Wes Buck’s World Series will fall into that time frame. Plus you get Beckman and Courtney, not a bad deal. Just get the car sound right!

For FLO, you must buy an entire month to get the PRO race, as an added bonus Wes Buck’s World Series will fall into that time frame. Plus you get Beckman and Courtney, not a bad deal. Just get the car sound right!
am actually a little surprised wes isn't part of announcing crew for the shootout

That’s unfortunate. Is there going to be an outlet to watch it this year? It’s a fun series to watch
As of now, no. Hopefully Chris will be able to line up funding but no luck so far. I have also heard FLO ended its coverage of NMCA/NMRA and some events at Orland Speed World but I have not personally confirmed that. FLO will continue with Mid West Drag Racing Series, PDRA, and Duck's races, again what I have heard but have not personally confirmed.

am actually a little surprised wes isn't part of announcing crew for the shootout

As of now, no. Hopefully Chris will be able to line up funding but no luck so far. I have also heard FLO ended its coverage of NMCA/NMRA and some events at Orland Speed World but I have not personally confirmed that. FLO will continue with Mid West Drag Racing Series, PDRA, and Duck's races, again what I have heard but have not personally confirmed.
As of now, I have never seen a FLO race, but hear much good about them. If FLO could do a better job than the horrendous NHRA.TV, maybe NHRA might want to explore that option?

As of now, I have never seen a FLO race, but hear much good about them. If FLO could do a better job than the horrendous NHRA.TV, maybe NHRA might want to explore that option?
From what I understand, the organization does all the production and Flo is just the streaming partner. In the chaos events, there was maybe three fixed cameras which never had a top end or finish line camera. Also there was more issues with the coverage than the NHRA.tv coverage.

From what I understand, the organization does all the production and Flo is just the streaming partner. In the chaos events, there was maybe three fixed cameras which never had a top end or finish line camera. Also there was more issues with the coverage than the NHRA.tv coverage.
Not sure how to reply to this message....

I produced the majority of the Funny Car Chaos / Nitro Chaos events over the past three years. In addition, I produce most of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series shows on NHRA.tv / NHRA YouTube channel. Sorry you do not like the production.

Not sure how to reply to this message....

I produced the majority of the Funny Car Chaos / Nitro Chaos events over the past three years. In addition, I produce most of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series shows on NHRA.tv / NHRA YouTube channel. Sorry you do not like the production.
I was just pointing out the fact that NHRA uses a much bigger production budget than Chaos. I enjoy watching the FCC on Flo racing but it’s not even close to the NHRA.tv coverage. While I don’t know how much money is spent on either production, I’m sure NHRA probably has 50x the budget you had for Chaos. There were times when there was no sound or it froze up.

I was just pointing out the fact that NHRA uses a much bigger production budget than Chaos. I enjoy watching the FCC on Flo racing but it’s not even close to the NHRA.tv coverage. While I don’t know how much money is spent on either production, I’m sure NHRA probably has 50x the budget you had for Chaos. There were times when there was no sound or it froze up.
Chaos events were pretty much on a shoestring budget, although I thought we did a lot with a little. Most productions had 3-4 fixed cameras, one trackside camera with an operator, one walk-around camera during FC qualifying and eliminations, pit reports, etc. The majority of those tracks had little to no internet so we were at the mercy of cell hotspots or in one case, Starlink.

NHRA.tv at national events is part of the Fox TV operation and clearly has more resources. At divisionals, national opens, etc. it is strictly a one man operation. Yes, their budget is bigger overall, but not even close to 50x.

FLO is going to put everything they can into the PRO event, and I suspect it will be a great show. I will be at Gainesville the same weekend covering the open test session for everybody else that did not get invited to Bradenton. It will be just me with multiple fixed cameras around the track. I'm sure that the feedback will be about how inadequate that will be, why can't NHRA put on a production like FLO on the same weekend, and so on - all negative. All I can do is provide the best coverage of the weekend within my capabilities.

Chaos events were pretty much on a shoestring budget, although I thought we did a lot with a little. Most productions had 3-4 fixed cameras, one trackside camera with an operator, one walk-around camera during FC qualifying and eliminations, pit reports, etc. The majority of those tracks had little to no internet so we were at the mercy of cell hotspots or in one case, Starlink.

NHRA.tv at national events is part of the Fox TV operation and clearly has more resources. At divisionals, national opens, etc. it is strictly a one man operation. Yes, their budget is bigger overall, but not even close to 50x.

FLO is going to put everything they can into the PRO event, and I suspect it will be a great show. I will be at Gainesville the same weekend covering the open test session for everybody else that did not get invited to Bradenton. It will be just me with multiple fixed cameras around the track. I'm sure that the feedback will be about how inadequate that will be, why can't NHRA put on a production like FLO on the same weekend, and so on - all negative. All I can do is provide the best coverage of the weekend within my capabilities.
How many viewers per day does the stream for FLO Racing have for an event?

Other than subscriptions from hardcore drag racing fans and NHRA naysayers, I question the potential visibility of this event.

Other than subscriptions from hardcore drag racing fans and NHRA naysayers, I question the potential visibility of this event.
As a subcontractor those viewership numbers were never shared with me.

I do hope that viewers realize that the Superstar Shootout is a special one-time event. If they subscribe expecting to see NHRA events, that is not going to happen. Those will be covered on NHRA.tv.

The thing with Flo is it's just not racing there are so many other events and sports on there that many drag racing fans might already be subscribers, they might not watch the Racing side of it until now. I subscribed to Flo in 2019 and my wife and daughter use it for volleyball cheerleading etc.

The thing with Flo is it's just not racing there are so many other events and sports on there that many drag racing fans might already be subscribers, they might not watch the Racing side of it until now. I subscribed to Flo in 2019 and my wife and daughter use it for volleyball cheerleading etc.
You're absolutely right about FLO. They have 27 different sports to watch, and racing is just one of them. I'm actually a big fan of what they do for all sports.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back