Hard To Say No (1 Viewer)

GT, is there something you've been keeping from us??? Do tell!!!

I think there's a couple large hints in this thread no less... but I finally had to practically drop the "M" word before anyone really picked up on it. :p

Depression has set in, again

d'kid

Darlin' I don't share well and I sure would miss you if Ms. Kat buried you in her backyard. :eek:

It has been mentioned a time or two in chat as well.

Ummmmm............Georginna???? What Martin said?

Ummmmmm... Suzie??? I kept it secret long enough to have the time to tell almost all my family. BUT... it wasn't really that big a secret, I have been dropping loose hints A LOT lately. :D

I know something you don't know!!!!

You sure do Oreo Queen! :D

I luvs you all!

Oh, wait, I DID drop the "M" word! LOL

Ummmmmm... Suzie??? I kept it secret long enough to have the time to tell almost all my family. BUT... it wasn't really that big a secret, I have been dropping loose hints A LOT lately. :D

This is kind of the bummer about Thomas and I, it's likely to not even be a surprise. My family swore I was going to marry this guy even when I didn't like the guy.

It's probably not going to be "Congratulations" It's gonna be "Well, it's about time". :rolleyes:

Oh, wait, I DID drop the "M" word! LOL

Lemme guess, Margarita?

This is kind of the bummer about Thomas and I, it's likely to not even be a surprise. My family swore I was going to marry this guy even when I didn't like the guy.

It's probably not going to be "Congratulations" It's gonna be "Well, it's about time". :rolleyes:

Lemme guess, Margarita?

Family is good like that sometimes. :D

Noppers... see post #17 in this thread. But I will take a Margarita Sunset w/salt please!

I was engaged once. I did it right too ... I bought a 1.61 carat Princess cut diamond solitaire E in color and VVS in clarity, got down on one knee ... the whole bit ... then she made me sell the Corvette ... stop watching so much racing on TV ... stop going to so many races with my Dad ... stop playing poker so much .... I went camping/fishing too much ... had my paycheck start getting direct deposited into her account ... holidays with her family ... even tried to make me miss going back to Kentucky for the Derby ...

The absolutely CRAZY part is that I still miss her sometimes ....

Yea......I've seen that before. Hands get all shaky when you have her in the sites :eek:

Another reason I like being a man .
Gee I wonder if any men changed their name to the misses name ?

It would be a good case for discrimination if it was a required thing but I doubt at the time the couple are worrying about that.

When I get up in the morning the one thing I can rely on remembering is my name.
I'll bet some gals have a problem with that one ! LOL

Another reason I like being a man .
Gee I wonder if any men changed their name to the misses name ?

It would be a good case for discrimination if it was a required thing but I doubt at the time the couple are worrying about that.

When I get up in the morning the one thing I can rely on remembering is my name.
I'll bet some gals have a problem with that one ! LOL

I read a story not long ago that couples were coining new surnames in combination of their surnames for their children, or creating new ones all together.

I read a story not long ago that couples were coining new surnames in combination of their surnames for their children, or creating new ones all together.

Know several couples that did that. Kind of tough to understand why generations of both family names just go up in smoke.

But this is a tough problem, the choices don't work:

- Someone's family name just goes poof
- You do the clumsy hyphenate thing -- what happens to those children when they get married?
- Neither change their name and the kids get one name or the other -- resulting in the same thing as the first choice one generation later

Have yet to see a good solution to the problem.

I kind of like the way the old spanish did it.

It's the fathers last name first, and then the mothers last name.
Then when they get married, it's their husbands name, followed by the fathers last name.

So my mothers was Castillo de Padilla, then when she got married, it was
Jaramillo de Castillo.

Even the males would do it, just a nice way to do the family heritage and honor both sides of the family tree.

Of course, in New Mexico, you aren't related to a family, you are in the family.

So I would say that I am a Padilla, even though my last name never was Padilla.

I kind of like the way the old spanish did it.

It's the fathers last name first, and then the mothers last name.
Then when they get married, it's their husbands name, followed by the fathers last name.

So my mothers was Castillo de Padilla, then when she got married, it was
Jaramillo de Castillo.

Even the males would do it, just a nice way to do the family heritage and honor both sides of the family tree.

Of course, in New Mexico, you aren't related to a family, you are in the family.

So I would say that I am a Padilla, even though my last name never was Padilla.

That's where it is Jenn!!! My Dad's side... Padilla, he has a cousin named Daniel Padilla. Think he is a second cousin.

That's where it is Jenn!!! My Dad's side... Padilla, he has a cousin named Daniel Padilla. Think he is a second cousin.

See, I'm related and I still don't get an invite to the wedding. See how you treat your cousins :p

My grandmother was Gregorita Padilla, and her sisters were Mia 'pia' Padialla.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back