Hard To Say No (1 Viewer)

See, I'm related and I still don't get an invite to the wedding. See how you treat your cousins :p

My grandmother was Gregorita Padilla, and her sisters were Mia 'pia' Padialla.

INVITATIONS!!! OH Crap! I need a keeper... I forgot about those! I had them on my list... what did I do with my list?!?!?! I am soooooo buried in stuff to do!

Being the megalomaniac that I am I know I would have liked a public engagement but my husband is the strong, silent type. Heh.

He asked me over the phone. I was a sophomore at Gonzaga University. He was a junior at Montana State. We'd been together about 18 months and some of my friends had been teasing me, saying, 'Why don't you guys just get married already?' Heh.

So, I told him that, and said, 'So, when are you going to ask me to marry you?' And I laughed to indicate I was not serious.

Silence.

"Will you marry me?"

Then 20 minutes of berating him for asking me over the phone. Next time I saw him, he got down on one knee in his dorm room, and proposed again. No ring, though, so then we went and picked out a ring a few months later when he had enough money to buy me one. Then he asked me again when he got the ring. LOL.

What's really sad is I lost my engagement ring when we were living in Vegas. But for our anniversary this year he got me a purty new ring. Yay! So, 10 years later, I have the perfect engagement ring. :p

Been together 12 years, married for 8. He's really awesome. :D

Not a proposal story but, one of my friends said that on his wedding day the air was particularly good and his soon to be actually suggested that he go test their bracket dragster. Somehow word got around the track and he noticed that every time he pulled into the lanes, they motioned him to the front of the line! The announcer finally said "If you're wondering why Rocky keeps getting to go first, it's because he's getting married today!"

If the subject comes up he says "Yeah, she's a keeper!" :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back