Greg Anderson and Summit? (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
Watching the doorslammer nationals this weekend and noticed that Greg did not have Summit on the side of his Camarillo. It was displayed on the trunk and a small decal on the front fender. His car looks naked without the big Summit in the side. I wonder if maybe he was barred from running with it because the event is sponsored by JEGS or did he lose some of his funding? I haven’t seen anything indicating one or the other.

i would think, if it's a Jegs sponsored race, Summit would love nothing more than to show their colors. Who could ever forget when the 'Miller Beer' sponsored car driven by Larry Dixon won the Big bud shootout, years ago !

Bottom of this page has a link for the entry list for every event. Gatornationals Pro Stock entry says
4​
PS​
Greg Anderson​
'20 Camaro​
GM 500​
SUMMIT RACING EQUIPMENT​

I thought it was fairly common for some teams to roll up to pre-season events without their cars fully kitted out with sponsor decals. Whether the contract is good for exposure at 18 races only, or Summit is primary at select races. Fun to speculate, but I bet Anderson will roll up to Gville in the Summit colours per the script.

Bottom of this page has a link for the entry list for every event. Gatornationals Pro Stock entry says
4​
PS​
Greg Anderson​
'20 Camaro​
GM 500​
SUMMIT RACING EQUIPMENT​
Summit certainly isn't "promoting" anything recent about Greg or KB racing on their page , last entry 11/4/2020

I don't have any info about GA, but sometimes if a team doesn't have all of their associate sponsors all locked down until last minute... will go test with an unwrapped car and then will send the transporter on to the city the next race is in and then have a company come to the track and wrap the car in the pit area. We did that in Phoenix when we got the Stupid Fast deal at Bodes. I have also seen haulers leave the shop just a normal painted trailer and head to the track and then they get wrapped when they arrive at the track. They will either hire a local wrap company or their normal wrap company will fly their guys to the track.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back