Greg Anderson Racing with Visor up? (1 Viewer)

That makes sense. Anyone who has ever had a helmet on and had any kind
of humidity they will fog up. I have had that trouble riding the motorcycle.

With the humidity there, and judging by the towel in his lap, he wiped his face with,

I'd say he was wary of the visor fogging up , and not having a clear view of the tree.:D

The Greek made a run in Bristol with his all the way open.

I see drivers in other series do it occasionally. The fear of fire would keep me from doing it.

Does anyone else notice that he flips the upper door latch then loosens his shoulder harness immediately after pulling the chutes? I realize he is preparing for his "hurry up" interview, but I interpret the rule to state the harness is a no-no. Not sure about the latch??

Does anyone else notice that he flips the upper door latch then loosens his shoulder harness immediately after pulling the chutes? I realize he is preparing for his "hurry up" interview, but I interpret the rule to state the harness is a no-no. Not sure about the latch??

That latch doesn't do what you think it does. It's just there to secure the top of the door as otherwise it tends to get sucked away from the body on the top end. The main latch that actually keeps the door shut is down right about where it would be on a street car.

This whole thread seems to be a non-issue. As far as I know, a deployed shield is only required on cars with fuel and/or open cockpits. Using your shield would be highly recommended in a Pro Stock, but I've never seen a rule requiring it.

I removed the shield on my helmet that I use to race my vette. It has been teched numerous times and nothing was ever said.

I know it is required for Pro Stock, but you do not have to have it closed. Any car that has a winshield does not have to have it close, even most of them do. I run in the Sportsman ranks, and the only reason, I put mine down is because, I have a yellow sheild that helps me see the tree better, and takes off the glare.

Any open body car (no winsheild) or motorcycle, must have it down for the run

Depending on weather conditions it is easy to fog up the visor. Driving blind is a problem too. Even with fresh air it can cause problems. Been know to happen. Just a TAFC experience

Once again, much ado about nothing.

Check again and I think you will find several of the drivers don't have visors on their helmets.

The best way to express your "nothing to see here, let's move on" is to ignore threads you're not interested in. Just because you see "nothing to see here" is no reason you have to comment on it. Just ignore it, and you move on. The thread will die of atrophy.

Why would anyone be concerned about them winning another championship? They win them the old fashion way by earning them. They have the Midwest work ethic and don't forget, all the guys have pedigree with many years experience. They are not a bunch of chumps who bought their way to titles.

Last edited:
Hey Nancy!

Back in the early 1990's after I made a pass in my TA/FC I got out and stuck my fingers under my chin to unstrap my helmet. After poking around for a while I discovered I forgot to strap it. YIKES!

RG

That wasnt the time you had Steel Brakes with the Late chutes was it??? I remember your "Part of the 14th hole at the Pomona Golf course" analogy....lol

Why would anyone be concerned about them winning another championship? They win them the old fashion way by earning them. They have the Midwest work ethic and don't forget, all the guys have pedigree with many years experience. They are not a bunch of chumps who bought their way to titles.

Sorry Bill. Man..I thought we were allowed to by fans of a team and a non-fan of a team. I'm wrong.

Nicely said. Thanks!

They have the Midwest work ethic...

Greg and Jason are long time Charlotte residents, and they are based in Mooresville, NC, which is the Southeast, and the team is owned by a guy from Vegas, which is the Southwest. The only thing "Midwest" about their work ethic is where the checks come from...

Sorry Bill. Man..I thought we were allowed to by fans of a team and a non-fan of a team. I'm wrong.

Really.

Until recently I refused to spend a dime with Summit, because of their sponsorship of GA, of whom I am quite a "non-fan". That changed when their shipping policies proved better over Jegs. But if I can wait for it, it's coming in a yellow box.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back