G Anderson and Summit (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Been sort of wondering since Gainesville about Greg Anderson and his long time Summit Racing Partnership. Noticed then the absence of Summit on the side the car. Then tonight,reading Comp Plus LV notes that Summit sponsorship "evaporated". Just curious anyone have accurate details of what happened?

Me too. I noticed today he had Summit decals on the front of the fenders, so maybe they just pulled back from major to associate level?

It would be cool if summit decided to come back full time with Greg, I’ve always enjoyed the years of the beer sponsor wars and the summit / Jegs match ups

summit had an excellent run with kb racing / greg and jason. those two brought summit quite a few championships and a ton of exposure.
maybe they'll show up somewhere else......they already have @ big money sportsman races.......maybe a nitro car?......we'll see.

summit had an excellent run with kb racing / greg and jason. those two brought summit quite a few championships and a ton of exposure.
maybe they'll show up somewhere else......they already have @ big money sportsman races.......maybe a nitro car?......we'll see.
They did have a good run, I think it's as simple as nothing lasts forever. And they're still on Greg's car in a smaller associate role. As far as nitro, I believe they're still involved with Tim Wilkerson in a similar associate program.

How long did Anderson have Summit as his primary sponsor? I haven't followed pro stock racing ever since the class became pro camaro. But, it seems like Summit has been on Anderson's door for a long time.
Just like Miller dropping Snake, Budweiser dropping Bernstein, Castrol dropping Force, the Army dropping Schumacher, no sponsorship goes on forever. Was there any kind of release sent by Anderson and/or Summit addressing Summit's reduced role?

i believe jason's rookie year was 2004, and drove the kb racing livery (burgundy/white/yellow) on both cars i think? maybe not, greg
may have had summit first around this same time, 2004/2005?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back