Great Story on Bob Frey on NHRA.COM (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
It's well deserved and it's good to see the recognition.

Bob does a great job promoting and sharing his knowledge of BOTHthe pro and sportsman classes. Bob, as well as Alan Reinhart, Leo Taugher, Bob Unkefer, Lewis Bloom, as well as other announcers at points races, have always said good things about our team cars and people should know how much racers appreciate their efforts. Thanks and keep up the good work.

NHRA News: For the next generation of fans, Frey has become 'the voice' of drag racing (4/9/2007)

I just LOVE Bob Frey! He is awesome! He always has something nice to say about my brothers and he even sends out a hello to me and my mom & dad at every race we attend. (Maybe it is because we are from New Jersey too!!)

Bob is a treasure for all of the fans of drag racing. He is a walking encyclopedia of Drag Racing.

Hey Suzie, when are the Suzie Q's performing at Indy???

I would love to perform at Indy, but unfortunately,that is not in the cards.

Suzie "Q" & The Tipps will be at Ovation Restaurant on Saturday, April 21,2007 here in beautiful Fort Worth, Texas if anyone would like to come.

Suzie "Q" & The Tipps will be at Ovation Restaurant on Saturday, April 21,2007 here in beautiful Fort Worth, Texas if anyone would like to come.

Hi, Suzie! I'd love to be there! It's only a 13 hr one way trip for me. Is there a cover charge?

Do you play in the Houston area??

I remember Bob back when he announced the IHRA races with Ralph Hamilton. He's the best in my opinion.

Nope, no cover! They have awesome food and a great stage!

I mostly play around Fort Worth & Dallas. Who knows, after I release my c.d. we may do a couple of road dates.

When I was doing my announcing at the local track, Bob was the guy that influenced me the most.

If you don't come to Drag Race Central for anything else, Bob's weekly "Did You Know?" column on Tuesdays (usually) and "From the Tower" on Thursdays are always worth reading.

As you can tell from Scoop's story, Bob really loves this sport and is passionate about preserving its history. He also enjoys so-called Sportsman racing just as much as the big-name Pro classes (and maybe even more). That's what makes his "From the Tower" series a must-read for any true drag racing fan, he has a knack for spotting promising newcomers as well as focussing on some of the household names parked "off the asphalt."

The first time I heard Bob on the microphone, I was sort of half-listening to the announcers (as usual) when he dropped a couple of really off-the-wall jokes - you know, the kind where you say "Did he just say what I think he said?" just before you spit your coffee out. So I started listening a little more intently when it was his turn in the barrel. Now he's part of our team, or maybe we're part of his.

:p :p

Bob's one of the best ever, and you can tell he loves what he does. I'm proud to be able to call him my friend....my team name in the NHRA fantasy game is Frey Fan! :)

Now, is that sucking up or what? :p :D :cool:

Bob's another treasure of our sport. Great guy with an absolutely incredible memory of stats. I'm glad he got a much deserved front-page article on NHRA.com.

The first time I heard Bob on the microphone, I was sort of half-listening to the announcers (as usual) when he dropped a couple of really off-the-wall jokes - you know, the kind where you say "Did he just say what I think he said?" just before you spit your coffee out. So I started listening a little more intently when it was his turn in the barrel. Now he's part of our team, or maybe we're part of his.:p :p

Bob's humor and quick wit are something else-his comments at the Division 1 banquet alone are worth the price of admission. Peter Biondo tried to say something funny about Bob this year-big mistake on Peter's part.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back