NHRA subscription Channels for DirecTV/Dish/Cable idea (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
I noticed that with Full Court for College Basketball, MLB League Pass, even the thing NASCAR does. I was wondering if NHRA can do something with like certain number of channels, paid subscription (more discounted price if you are an NHRA Member) and you can watch NHRA events, not just the nationals, but the divisionals as well, if you can't make the Winternationals because you live in New York (like in my case), and you wanna catch up on all the weekend's action, this is ideal, besides in my case when it comes down to the Races goin to E-Town, nothing beats being there live, but for those events that are a feat to accomplish, this should work. Think of it as the audiocasts with visuals because you will still hear the great voices of Bob and Alan (along with Leo, Stevie, Dennis, or that Lewis guy wherever he is :D JK Lewis along with that Unk guy wherever he is :D JK Unk) instead of ESPN TV taping broadcasts (like on ESPN 360) just seeing it all as you would see on Motel6 Vision even during the times when Motel6 Isn't up and running at the track, as far as the commercials go, I like them so it don't matter if it's just the audio from the commercials, or if we get to see them on tv, Even seeing the graphics that come up from the "Fram Instant Replay" graphic to the driver graphics that come up during the pros and the "intros" to the pro classes. Make it seem worth it not to mention It can help me with my stat taking for when I get in the booth of putting together driver's names with cars.

As far as the divisionals, you never know when a D-7 guy can come to a D-1 Event aka a guy from Arizona comes to Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY for the Division 1 race, it's all good for the hardcore audience and followers.

What do you all think about this concept, I'm all for it.

TV production of an event is really expensive. To bring a TV crew to 50+ divisional events, with all the equipment, crew, on-air people, etc. would cost many millions. And of course many of these events overlap, so you'd need several crews across the country. You're probably talking about tens of millions a year, just to produce the events. Ouch...

The ratings for NHRA's regular TV program are terrible for the Pros. That would indicate that there is not near enough demand for a PPV program. NHRA is already funding the regular TV program that no one is watching (when compared to other programs on ESPN2 weekend primetime) ... concurrently funding a PPV program that no one would watch could be economically ruinous.

Though I would likely be one of the few subscribers and would enjoy it very much, thinking big picture, I am DEAD SET AGAINST this idea and I am reasonably sure this idea has no traction in Glendora.

Lastly, have you ever seen the spectator stands at a divisional event? Lots of fans disguised as empty seats. Outside of the small community of sportsman racers, you really think anyone cares if a D7 racer goes to D1? Even if they did care, do they care enough to fork over some dough for the PPV? I don't think so ...

Lastly, have you ever seen the spectator stands at a divisional event? Lots of fans disguised as empty seats.

Exactly. And 95% of the people who are in the stands at a divisional are either racers watching a class other than their own, or friends/family of the racers (aka "the crew"). There's essentially no "fan" pull at all...

I would love to see it, but it will never happen.

Nascar couldn't even draw enough viewers to DirecTv to keep HotPass going, so I can't see it being viable for NHRA.

The NHL has a feature on their website called GameCenter Live. You can watch up to 4 live games at one time plus a sensory overload of stats. Since we only get to watch the Dallas Stars here in DFW and I prefer cable over sat (mostly for the cable internet) I bought the $23.95/month subscription. It is very, very cool.

NHRA could do this very thing through their website. They would have 100% control over advertising content. No more paying ESPN for broadcast time and production costs. Take it all in-house and have free reign to produce the shows LIVE and explore new frontiers in drag racing on "television."

There's essentially no "fan" pull at all...

If a tree fell in the woods and no one told you, would you care?

If an NHRA division race were held in your neighborhood and no one told you, would you go?

There is the problem.

Check out attendance at any division event where the race is actually promoted and get back to us.

RG

How about complete coverage of national events on ppv. The crews are there all weekend anyway,cover from Fri. morning right through till the finals show without announcers at a reasonable price. Wouldn't you love to be able to listen to the cars instead of the same old cliches and interviews?

The NHL has a feature on their website called GameCenter Live. You can watch up to 4 live games at one time plus a sensory overload of stats. Since we only get to watch the Dallas Stars here in DFW and I prefer cable over sat (mostly for the cable internet) I bought the $23.95/month subscription. It is very, very cool.

NHRA could do this very thing through their website. They would have 100% control over advertising content. No more paying ESPN for broadcast time and production costs. Take it all in-house and have free reign to produce the shows LIVE and explore new frontiers in drag racing on "television."
NHL coverage is regional by design. The package you can buy is league-wide because of the regional pool/network already in place. That is because the broadcast availability starts from the bottom up, with a viable fan base to view it on a regional level. I could see the same model being applied to the NHRA if, and only if, a network of regional sports-devoted affiliates similar to FOX Sports would pick it up and run with it. They already have the infrastructure. For the NHRA to do it in-house would be cost prohibitive.

Yes it was cost me 3000.00 to watch all day NHRA racing. At that time DTV was not given away, it was just starting out and cost an arm and a leg but it sure was worth it. Think the progam cost around 20.00 for the day

I don't know how many of you got a chance to see the ESPN360.com broadcasts of the races last year but they were great! Live drag racing on my computer. If the do it this year, I have been told I can watch it on my big screen TV.............:)

TV Broadcasts of all of the races ????
HAHAHAHAHAHA..........They won't even put AUDIO of the NATIONAL Events
on XM/Sirrus Satellite Radio !!! That would be so neat to listen to it live from anywhere !!
But Gary Darcy (NHRA Senior VicePresident of Sales & Marketing) won't even let us have iCard !!
SAD........:(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back