Good To Be Back (1 Viewer)

Finally got some accounting of my hospital stay in the mail yesterday....anyone wanna guess what my healthcare has cost are so far? 🤔

Included in this prize package are:
room and board in the Intensive Care Unit for 20 days
all the tests, X-rays and a CAT scan
the procedure where my lungs were paralyzed for 4 days so they could see what was wrong and let them heal.
The endoscopy to repair the ulcer the meds caused
tons of laboratory tests
pretty OK food 3X a day
lots of really nice, caring people waiting on you hand and foot

Luckily, insurance is covering MOST of it...I'm on the hook for a couple grand so far. But seeing the actual number really surprised me.

Give me your best guesses 🍿

Last edited:
Let's just say you could build a nice race car for the amount they charged you. I'd guess over $100,000. But hey, you got free slippers.... No, wait, they charge for the slippers.

Let's just say you could build a nice race car for the amount they charged you. I'd guess over $100,000. But hey, you got free slippers.... No, wait, they charge for the slippers.

You are right about the race car....and I left the slippers (socks actually) at the lousy nursing home....all I kept from the hospital was a urinal bottle... handy when you are on a diuretic ;)

I gonna guess, About enough to finance an independent top fuel team?
No, I think they burn through "the amount" in engine blocks, nitro and tires....but, not knowing what it takes to be an independent Top Alcohol team....... anybody know those numbers?

A clue........ the 2 high guesses on here are too high......

I WOULD SAY 350K...........HOW ARE THINGS BOB ?..........GET YOUR UPHOLSTERY WORK FINISHED ??.....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE 32 VIDEO......

We have a winner.....Larry guessed correct! I have another one of these that had over 6 grand on it, so he was spot on. All I care about are the zeros :D

billing2.jpg

Circled is a charge for 2 cents! What could a doctor charge 2 cents for? They broke my cell phone charger while I was in there, maybe I should send them a bill! (I fixed it with a butter knife)

Yes, I am back to work, but I have my limits. Get tired faster and legs give out at the end of the day.
But that 1928 Oakland top was the most workout....going up and down a platform all day and moving it around the car was more than any PT would do in a day....

Got a call today from the doctor at the pulmonary clinic....the blood test they did on Monday for allergens came back with mostly negative results, except a slight allergy to cat dander.
I said to her "but I have 80 cats....what am I gonna do?" 🤪

Actually I have 2 cats....and that doesn't bother me, so whatever set me off and gave me double pneumonia is still a mystery...but it's not rheumatoid thank God

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back